Options

T-48 to exam... any suggestions?

Well, the moment of truth is near...

This will be (hopefully) my first and only attempt to take the CCNA. So, any feedback on how is the exam, ie: time, how are the sims, etc would be appreciated.

Specially the sims... ie, do you have the ? command? if you time the wroing syntax of the command, will at least tell you its wrong? What do you suggest for the sims?

Well, thanks a lot mates... May the force be with me :)

Comments

• Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    The CLI on the sim is pretty much what you would expect on a real router-switch, though only commands relative to the question, plus maybe a few other common ones, are valid.
    If a command is relative, but they want you to go about getting an answer a different way, the sim will either say that the command is wrong, or it is not available in this simulation. For example, Show Run may not be available for the sim, as there may be a more direct way to get what you need that they are looking for you to use.

? is valid, as is tabbing for command completion. There may be limitations to these however.

You may benefit going through the exam tutorial:
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/learning_certification_exam_tutorial.html

Also may I suggest registering for and using the CCNA prep center:
    http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/PrepCenter?page=main
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck mate! hopefully you'll be luckier than me first time on CCNA :)
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Guess I should remind you about time management on the exam -- no more than 10 minutes per Sim (and you get partial credit - so always try something).

Try and relax, if you can. Both the night before the exam and the morning of the exam. Try and get some sleep somewhere in there so you won't need to take a nap during the exam.

Allow plenty of time to get to the exam -- in case of road construction, car problems, accidents, plagues, famines, etc. If you get there early -- go over some study notes or practice creating your "**** sheet" -- the stuff you'll **** to that erasable note sheet (or 2) that you get.

Don't forget that "all people seem to need data processing" (one of those OSI mnemonic things).

After you hit that next button, all the previous questions no longer exist -- don't worry about them if you see something that makes you think you missed an earlier question -- its gone. Keep moving (and looking) at the next question. If you do get a question on something that you have problems remembering -- jot a note down on your erasable sheet.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Hello friends,

Thanks all for your wishes, support and suggestions!

I'm quite nervous... I'm not sleeping well (for about 2 days, not to worry thou... this is normal in me!), so tomorrow I plan take the day off :)

I think I'm going to do fine... I feel the force... I hope it doesn't turn to the dark side!!! LOL!

Well... wait for my post...!

Cheers / Saludos!!