Options

Prometric & Vue

I read your info on Vue exam vouchers. Just wondering...
Is there a difference between Prometric and Pearson Vue other than accessibility of the test center? Same test, same format, right?
Just curious.
My test center has both.
No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    exactly the same thing.

I personally have only used PearsonVUE because I find that their record keeping "seem" to be quicker. Prometric has had incidents where their records are "delayed". And I seem to always find cheaper vouchers for PearsonVUE, so I have always stuck with them.

But anyway, they are both the same thing, it's just a preference.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yup, they're both the same. Mostly, it's either preference of which you like best, or which is available in your area. I don't have a Vue center close to me, but I have a Prometric test center right down the road. If I had a choice, I'd try both, since I've heard that Vue has a better track record for service, (and I've had some problems with getting Prometric's ducks in a row, myself).

Regardless of which you go to, or how they set you up, it's always the same tests, since they're created and administered from the vendor.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I find that their (PearsonVUE) record keeping "seem" to be quicker. Prometric has had incidents where their records are "delayed". And I seem to always find cheaper vouchers for PearsonVUE, so I have always stuck with them.

But anyway, they are both the same thing, it's just a preference.
    Slowhand wrote:
    If I had a choice, I'd try both, since I've heard that Vue has a better track record for service, (and I've had some problems with getting Prometric's ducks in a row, myself).

Regardless of which you go to, or how they set you up, it's always the same tests, since they're created and administered from the vendor.

I guess what I have heard is correct.

Slowhand, if you do get a chance to use pearsonVue, you'll love their speed. If you take your test in the morning, by afternoon your record will be up! Absolutely amazing!
    Jack of all trades, master of none