Options

HELP!!!!! PARTITION FLASH 2

deweese3deweese3 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am trying to erase the flash on my 2509 access server so that I can place a newer ios image on the machine. The router has two partition of 8megs each, I need 13 megs for my IOS image. I cannot seem to erase the second partition, can anyone help me? I really need to get this done for my job!!!!! HELP ME FELLOW CCNA"S OF THE WORLD icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Comments

• Options
    david_rdavid_r Member Posts: 112
    deweese,
    You need to boot into boot mode. Your router is currently running from flash so you can't erase that partition. Try setting your config register to 0x2101 then reloading.

You'll have limited functionality while in boot mode so make sure you've got a cross over cable to connect your tftp PC to your router.
  • Options
    deweese3deweese3 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :D Thanks I got it working
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    config-register 0x2142
    in global mode :)
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    david_rdavid_r Member Posts: 112
    n3tw0rkg0d,
    0x2142 will simply ignore the startup-config file. It will still load the IOS. Since the 2500 runs from flash, he'll still be stuck with a read-only partition.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The config-register change will definitely work. I think it's also possible to boot from TFTP (rather than flash) and then erase your flash.