Options

Are you going to 'update' your A+?

2»

Comments

• Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    No way here. I've had mine 11 years!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    PsychobastardPsychobastard Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No. I got mine a year ago 4/6/06. (right before the 06' format released.) I'm studying for the MCDST now & probably the Network+ after that. I have the A+. That's the first of many hurdles. I don't feel like jumping over the same one twice & hop I can spend the study time working on something more advanced... since, with my background NOT being in IT the A+ alone isn't likely to get me where I want to be.
    Benjamin Franklin described insanity as performing the same action over and over, expecting a different result. We do that every day. We're software testers.
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will not be updating my certification for alot of the same reasons others here are not, my employer doesn't care and just about all potential employers don't care what objectives you were certified under. +I am currently busy studying 70-293 and others for MCSE
  • Options
    tomtechtomtech Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will not be updating mine (certified in 2005). As others have said, it is an entry-level cert, and you are certified for life.

Your time and money would be better spent studying for the next level of certs. I'm working on MCDST right now, and then onto MCSA/MCSE.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can't afford to do it, seems too pricey just to say I "updated" it. I am going after N+ and then on to other certifications.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I won't be updating my A+, unless it was a requirement and the company was going to pay for it.

-Ken
  • Options
    druid318druid318 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I won't be redoing mine either.

Does anyone else think that they are going the wrong direction with the A+ now? I just don't see the point of having multiple paths. When I was doing the class for my A+ I barely when what the certs where let alone what career path I wanted to take...
  • Options
    Eric-MellowEric-Mellow Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No, unless an employer requests.
  • Options
    mlangenimlangeni Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No I will not update my A+compTIA like you have stated it's a life computer qualification i prefare to stay reading on sites like techexam and going to the internetcafe on weekdays and read about latest technology. I will upgrade it thou

Wonder Mlangeni :D
  • Options
    Soloman70Soloman70 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□