Options

Treo 700wx and Citrix ICA Client install

sbreitenbachsbreitenbach Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all. Newbie to this forum so pardon me if I am asking this question in the wrong forum.

I am testing out a new Treo 700wx smart phone. It has Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition (not the Smart Phone edition.)

I've downloaded the Citrix Windows CE All Platform version of the ICA client to the phone, but when I go to install it, it comes back with a message stating that it is not a Pocket PC program. According to Citrix's website, this version should work on this phone.

If anyone can lend me a hand with the installation, I would appreciate it. I see there are quite a few Citrix people here, so hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm cringing at the thought of having to support citrix over a smartphone...

I've installed it before but it was on the smartphone edition, I don't remember any hoops but it's been a while.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hello all. Newbie to this forum so pardon me if I am asking this question in the wrong forum.

I am testing out a new Treo 700wx smart phone. It has Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition (not the Smart Phone edition.)

I've downloaded the Citrix Windows CE All Platform version of the ICA client to the phone, but when I go to install it, it comes back with a message stating that it is not a Pocket PC program. According to Citrix's website, this version should work on this phone.

If anyone can lend me a hand with the installation, I would appreciate it. I see there are quite a few Citrix people here, so hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks,

Steve

I understand it's a new phone, but go ahead and verify that you have the latest version of the firmware for the phone.
  • Options
    tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    I think you downloaded the wrong client.. Windows CE and Windows Mobile 5.0 are not the same OS. :)
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't worked with that client for a while.

Are you running the install from the phone itself? If you are try connecting the phone to a PC using active sync destkop and running the install from the PC. Some packages one from a PC and push the instalation to the phone.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete