Options

got 809 on the exam and has question

convenientstoreconvenientstore Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
I missed one sim question entirely..

Just out of curiousity.. can someone estimate how many points these sims are ?

My guess is that I missed about 13 questions... is that right?

Comments

• Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    If all 56 questions are weighted equal then you would have to miss more than 8.5 questions in order to fail and each question is worth 15.2 points, though I'm not sure if the 640-801 is adaptive or not?
  • Options
    so are u saying SIM questions are not worth more than others?
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i seriously think so .. sims weigh more than questions. i would suggest getting more hands on with the areas u were weak in.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    Sims def weigh more. And the exam is not adaptive.
  • Options
    one week later(after I failed the exam with 809), I sat again today to take the exam and passed with 889

I must admit that this exam seem harder than the first one and I was well running out of time due to sims that I couldn't figure out.

I missed 2 sims entirely(well I don't know if they give you partial credit.. maybe they do and I did fix couple things)..

rest of the exam was just trying to time manage(I finish it with 30 sec left) and actually trying to focus on the exam.

I will be the first to admit that I am more close to the paper ccna than actual ccna person due to lack of time on the routers and switches but I feel good enough as My main object was to go get ccvp(as I have worked for voip company for 7 years.. and I should have done something sooner but never too late to start)

My next is ccvp but I would like to get into ccnp stuff as well as I feel like ccna is not entry exam but rather more broad topic exam than it really should be..

but I have to admit, this site really helped me(everyone who jumps on the topic and helping others).. and thank you all you guys!!!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    I missed 2 sims entirely(well I don't know if they give you partial credit.. maybe they do and I did fix couple things).

That's about the only thing about exam scoring that has come out of Cisco -- you do get partial credit.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    thank you mike.. this site gave me such a help including you.. and I coudn't have done it without this site's help of my lack of understanding.

My plan now is to reread ccna book to get better idea on things that I didn't have deep knowledge as well as things that I wasn't sure of in the exam..

but most importantly.. to the ccvp(I am going to gwgk first!