Options

How long did it take you to get your CCNA?

junii320junii320 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,
First post here.

I started studying for the CCNA yesterday. How long did it take you to get the CCNA and how many hours were you studying per day/week?

I am going to be doing 9hrs a week. 3hrs over three days. I hope to sit the exam in January.

Comments

• Options
    IncInc Member Posts: 184
    I spend 3 hours daily studying while travelling by train back and forth to work.

Some more reading while working. Some hands on experience with hardware at work too.

There are no days off until cert is in the pocket.

Started serious learning this month. Will sit exam next month in november.

More or less I spend 24h studying per week.
  • Options
    mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea man, I started hitting it hard everyday a few weeks go... right before I go to bed for about an hour or two. Its tough with work and going to the gym after work. I try and knock out 6 hours on the weekends. Plus when I have time at work it helps as well. You have to be consistant otherwise don't bother. Now that I have my entire lab setup things just startin rollin into place. Just waiting on my 1715 sw with my wic 1t and i'll be all good. Oh and be sure to check this CCNA forum out everyday you'l be surprised what tips and tricks you can learn from this forum...My goal is to get the cert before the years out...
    Good Luck

-D icon_lol.gif
    Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    hey junii320, Welcome to this forum.

The CCNA forum here seems to be the most popular.
    I'm hoping to be finishing up MCSA, and then I will work on CCNA.

If you havent already, join the CCNA prep center @ the cisco website. It has lots of videos and documentation that will help you obtian your CCNA.

Good luck!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I personally think everybody soaks in information differently, some people prefer to take shortcuts, while other people would like just to take their time and get into every little detail possible. I think some people do it for carier improvement, others do it as their hobby gaining more knowledge regarding specific subject.. Either way i think everybody takes absolutely different timing while studying or preparing for an exam, it took me about 2/3 months, i actually thought it was going to be much faster i guess i underestimated CCNA and didn't take it as a seriously difficult exam at all.. As a result i've failed my first 2 times. I guess i'd suggest you not to rush into it, take your time and pay attention to the details :) just my 2 cents.
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -