Options

interview follow up question

MQuinn6MQuinn6 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
I need some opinions on this:

I had an interview last Thursday for a help desk position. The interviewer told me I would hear from him either way this week. I sent a thank you email. But now I'm going crazy waiting to hear from him. Is it okay to contact him today or tomorrow to see how the decision process is going or should I wait until next week?

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wait for them and keep on looking
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    I'd give him a call tomorrow morning. Worse thing they're going to say is "we've decided to go with someone else.". Trust me it happened just last week, I waited a week and then called, the hiring manager had actually forgotten to call me and we scheduled another interview and I was offered the position after my third interview.

they're humans, they get busy and forget, can't hurt to do a follow up.
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    If it were me, I'd wait until Monday morning. By saying he would get back to you "this week", he made a verbal commitment to contact you by 5:00 tomorrow afternoon. Calling before then might come across as being pushy, or that you have other offers that you are entertaining (which may be true, but it's not good to let them know that).
  • Options
    HotKeys68HotKeys68 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was a helpdesk supervisor at my last job and I would wait. The helpdesk is a busy place and they could have a lot going on!
  • Options
    jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    Mquinn6

We got same situation here, I was also interview Oct 5 and they told me that I would know the result by next week so it means around Oct 9-13 but until now havent heard from them, The thing is one of my reference has been contact by the HR Manager of the company I apply. Do you think I also need to follow this monday Oct 16 or should I wait since i got the idea that they are already calling my reference.
  • Options
    MQuinn6MQuinn6 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the advice. I planned on waiting until Monday to contact them, but I caved on Friday. I was told that they still had a few more interviews to conduct before they made their decision. Well, today I got an email for a second interview. Wish me luck!

jetdynamics - Did you hear anything yet?
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    GOOD LUCK............
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Good luck to both you guys. From my experience, employers don't start checking references until they've already decided they want to hire you, so that's a really good sign. And of course, second interviews are good too, let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    Goodluck MQuinn6

After the week i suppose to hear from them. I call up monday Oct. 16 ther person interview me which is the VP of Information Technology of the company unfortunately I can not get through so i just leave a voice message. Then here comes tuesday no reply or email at all so I decided to call her mobile number no answer and I leave again a voice message, So the situation now is I dont know who to contact coz she is the only person I have in contact with during the phone and personal interview.

Do you think should I call the HR dept. or should I wait till Friday or next week to call her again?