Options

have to register with pearson-vue before doing exams?

cullbotcullbot Inactive Imported Users Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I emailed a testing centre near me and told them that I wanted to do the exams for the A+, they said no problem and that they would get back to me about payment before the exams.

They then rang me today and asked me was I registered with Pearson-Vue. I said no and said that I would have to register with them online first.

Now, what I did was I went to www.vue.com and went to this section.

https://www7.pearsonvue.com/servlet/vue.web2.core.Dispatcher?wsid=1160662108327&wscid=18056351&webRedirectID=10008374&HasXSes=Y

I put IT certification as the area of study and CompTIA as the testing program.

What I want to know is, is this what they meant by registering with Vue-Pearson.

I didn't ring back to ask the girl at the testing centre because she seems clueless and ignorant.

Cheers for the help.

Comments

• Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    By registering online, it puts you into their database. When I passed the 70-290 (my first MS test), Pearson-vue sent my information to Microsoft, and that is where MS got my contact information (from Pearson-vue).
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    They are probably asking you to book your exam with PearsonVue. In order to book an exam, you have to be registered with VUE.

This is not uncommon, lots of places require booking.
    When I did my first test (A+ hardware), I went to a place that didnt require booking, and they registered with PearsonVUE for me. But I dont think too many places do that now, they usually require you to book an exam ahead of time.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    No, I'm booking the exam with the test centre. They just want me to be registered with pearson-vue so that I will appear on the database.

Is what I did to register with pearson-vue correct?
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    cullbot wrote:
    Is what I did to register with pearson-vue correct?

I can't say for sure, but it sounds like it is correct. If you can log on to the pearson-vue site and have the ability to register for an exam you should be all set - even if you are not making the appointment online
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    What I did was correct. But even after more than a day, I wasn't put on their system so I had to ring up.

Even after ringing, I wasn't put on the system straight away (I asked them to do it straight away because I wanted to do an exam 3 hours later and they said no problem).

After all this messing around, I finally got a confirmation email.

I'll be doing the hardware exam next friday and the OS the week after.

Wanted to have them done sooner but on the plus side I'll be more prepared.

Cheers for the feedback.