Options

Having no Field Experience, Can 1 Pass ?

ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
Can a person with NO field experience Pass
the A+ Plus Tests with just using 3 or 4 Good
Books, CBT's, Practice Exams, Study Guides and
Web sites Boards ? Thanks ! Rick
Richard Krenzel

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Yes, you could. I had no real experience when I took my exams, other than just reading, and playing with an extra computer. You'll need hands-on for other, more difficult exams, but you should be ok for A+. Just make sure you know the objectives.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Of course you can, don't beat yourself up before you go in there :D . I had next to no experience in the field when I took my A+. I passed both tests the first time out and never looked back. Once you get started taking certs you'll find a million of them that you want to get.
  • Options
    thanks for everyone for your encouragement, you mentioned there are
    other Certs that I could take, which one's would you
    recommend If I pass A+, are you talking computer related
    Certs or other ? thanks
    Richard Krenzel
  • Options
    davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you would like to get into networking then network+ is a good place to start, then ccna or mcsa, or mcse :D. If you want to stay into pc's and pc repair for a while you could look into the mcdst, microsoft certified desktop support tech. If I'm not mistaken it's something like two tests to get your mcdst.

If it was me, (and it once was.lol) I would go straight into network+ for a look into the networking world. But, focus on that A+ for now and good luck with your test!
  • Options
    Hi, thanks again for your help. The Network plus sounds
    great, is it more interesting and higher income then plain
    desktop support. thanks
    Richard Krenzel
  • Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, you definitely can pass as long as you get a good understanding of how things work through reading and studying.

As far as other certs, what are you interests and goals? Desktop support, Networking, Security, Server Administration, Database, Programming...etc?