Options

A+ Objective download

PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
Plantwiz
_____
"Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?

Comments

• Options
    CompTIA A+
    The CompTIA A+ certification is the industry standard for computer support technicians. The international, vendor-neutral certification proves competence in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting. CompTIA A+ certified technicians also have excellent customer service and communication skills to work with clients.

CompTIA A+ is part of the certification track for corporations such as Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, Cisco and Novell. Other technology companies, including CompuCom and Ricoh, have made CompTIA A+ certification mandatory for their service technicians. More than 700,000 people worldwide have become CompTIA A+ certified since the program’s inception in 1993.

The latest version of CompTIA A+ is CompTIA A+ 2009 Edition. Two exams are necessary to be certified: CompTIA A+ Essentials, exam code 220-701; and CompTIA A+ Practical Application, exam code 220-702.

CompTIA A+ Essentials measures the necessary competencies of an entry-level IT professional with at least 500 hours of hands-on experience in the lab or field. It tests for the fundamentals of computer technology, networking and security, as well as the communication skills and professionalism now required of all entry-level IT professionals.

CompTIA A+ Practical Application is an extension of the knowledge and skills identified in CompTIA A+ Essentials, with more of a "hands-on" orientation focused on scenarios in which troubleshooting and tools must be applied to resolve problems.

View the new objectives here

View information on the previous version of CompTIA A+

For candidates certified under previous versions of the exam:

CompTIA A+ certified professionals who are encouraged or required by their employers to remain current on their certifications have two options:

1. Take the CompTIA A+ 2009 Edition (two exams).

2. Only those who are certified in the most recent version of CompTIA A+ (2006 objectives) by taking 220-601 and one of the following: 220-602, 220-603 and 220-604 exams are eligible to update their currency through taking the CompTIA A+ bridge exam (one exam), which covers the new objectives.

The existing CompTIA A+ 600 series exams remain relevant and are in use by organizations and educational institutions throughout the world. The regular, non-academic English version of these exams will retire in the U.S. and Canada on February 28, 2010. The educational versions of these exams (JK0-601, JK0-602, JK0-603 and JK0-604), as well as the German, Korean, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese translations of the 220-601 through 220-604 CompTIA A+ exams, will remain in the market for use until August 31, 2010.

Questions? Contact questions@comptia.org.

Why A New Exam?

The CompTIA A+ exam was last updated in 2006. Releasing a new version of the exam ensures that CompTIA A+ reflects changes in technologies and covers the latest skills needed by IT technicians. Additionally, CompTIA A+ is ISO 17024 accredited and must be reviewed and updated every three years to maintain accreditation.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options

test details

2009 edition

required exams: Comptia a+ essentials, comptia a+ practical application

number of questions: 100 for each exam

length of test: 90 minutes each

passing score: 675 for comptia a+ essentials, 700 for comptia a+ practical application on a scale of 100-900

languages: English

exam codes:
    220-701 for comptia a+ essentials
    220-702 for comptia a+ practical application
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    Bridge Exam
    TEST DETAILS

2009 Edition Bridge Exam

Required exam parts: One exam

Number of questions: 85

Length of test: 90 minutes

Passing score: 500 on a scale of 100-900

Languages: English

Exam code: BR0-003
    Plantwiz
    _____

This discussion has been closed.