Options

Pain and Joy...with CCNA

tech671tech671 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Taking the CCNA exam after one week of failing (847) it was not easy. It's my third attempt. I reached my mental plateau on learning this subject. I had spent 4 long hard months studying. It made me sick just by looking at book. Preparing for this day for the whole week for my come back was so inefficient, not to mention accompanied by my tooth ache and migraine. I was not mentally prepared. But what the hek I took it anyway. I skimmed through the questions and did not take it seriously, I was just so mentally tired, and what was annoying my co-examinee was murmuring out loud, cleared my throat several times to send him a message, it didn't cling, so I covered my left ear to tune out. On my last question I looked the time 24 minutes to go to early to finished. I did not want to click next to end the exam cause I was dreading for the result. Finally, click the result button and saw the Cisco Agreement, I was so disappointed I did not see the congratulation you passed, not after the next click I saw my score 923 out of 1000. Thank God, all the hard work paid off. I could taste the sweet taste of joy.

My first attempt , failed miserable, I got too excited, Jump on the gun. I did now have enough Lab time.

Second attempt last week 847 a month after the first- very closed missed few details, this time a week before I already reached my plateau, sometimes mental block.

Third, I finnally passed by suprise. Ouch, my head hurts! What a big relief.

I can't stress enough on how important it is to have breaks in between your study, it's counter productive and not healthy if you don't.

Thank you every one for your help. I will move on with Security+, MCSA upgrade then MCSE 2003 or at least get Exchange and SQL exam, then CCNP. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, you sure had a tough time of it, but that makes the victory sweeter!
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

What's the plan -- catch up on sleep? sleeping.gif or celebrate? drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome job! Congrats on not giving up!!
  • Options
    tech671tech671 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Oh, yeah.. gonna enjoy my weekend with my family. Got to keep up for the beers I missed.
  • Options
    brAunbrAun Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wow... you are good...even facing so many difficult times u still can hang on there and make ur final success. Good on u mate :D
    congratzzzz....
    Failure is the mother of success, just never stop trying :)
  • Options
    NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations man, never give up, that is the key to success :)
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Congratz...nice one! icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    some other guy in the this forum took the exam 3 times and finally passed. I will probably break everyones record. Good for you for not giving up. Can't wait to be in the club.
  • Options
    mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea I can relate, I havn't takin a shot on the exam yet, but I have been studying hard for the past 4 weeks. I've been killing my weekends to practice simulations with all the cisco gear I purchased off ebay. Its a lot of stuff to do on your own especially w/o taking a class that actually has a structure. Persistance is definitely key, just seems overwhelming a bit especially working full time at the same time. icon_rolleyes.gif Whats funny is I work in the IT field obviously icon_wink.gif and I encounter things in my daily day that are CCNP related. Its really interesting and It provides motivation to get me through the CCNA, though its a little counter-productive trying to research CCNP topics (Like Layer 3 switching) just to understand little peices of the puzzle at work. Though, i'm not required to know these aspects yet, I just like to be well aware and knowledgable icon_lol.gif

-=D
    Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!
  • Options
    zero-g-smithzero-g-smith Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea I was in the same boat man. First time I was just flyin by the seat of my pants and failed with an 809.

Second attempt I buckeled down ( I thought) and failed with 847. I was now pretty pissed off.

I felt i had fell on the downward side of my learning curve so I took a two week break and just went in and took it (one last time I thought) with some really light brushing up. Bang! 910

Not pretty, not cheap, but ledgit.