Options

Weird one for you :-)

MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey folks,

I have a weird one happening here in the job, hopefully someone might be able to help me out.

Yesterday I came in to be told one of the girls here couldn't log into her machine, it said it couldn't load the profile and it was loading the default, which turned out to be her one (well a new one under her domain username). I tryed copying some of her settings over to the new profile, ie her pst file and favourites to see if that would work, but when I logged back in under her username nothing had come over. I looked in Documents and Settings and it looks like with every logon there is a new profile being made for her.

Anyone have any idea of what would cause this?

Thanks,
Dave.

Comments

• Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Don't have too much experience in this area, but it sounds like it could be a mandatory profile...
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    yeayh could be a mandatory profile look for ntuser.man in her profile

also it could be a corrupt usr profile on that machine?

do you use roming profile if that's the case it could be corrupt on the server.
  • Options
    Nope don't use roaming. I think I'm just goingto format the machine and start from scratch..

Thanks for the input guys.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Rebuild is probably a good idea...

Does the same thing happen if you log on as a user on that computer with the same privliedges as the user in question?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    kovokovo Member Posts: 122
    I have experienced this before. Its a weird one. I deleted the users AD account and created a new account, logged in and it was fine. Just make sure if u use exchange that it is set to keep deleted mailboxes for an amount of time before it deleted it permanatly, and just connect the mailbox to the new user account, the original local profile should be there so just copy the data into the newly logged on profile and i found that it solved the problem for me. u shoulnt have to rebuild the pc.
  • Options
    Thanks again guys. I'll deleting her when shes logged out. I don't use Exchange here wither so it'll be cool.
  • Options
    kovo wrote:
    I have experienced this before. Its a weird one. I deleted the users AD account and created a new account, logged in and it was fine. Just make sure if u use exchange that it is set to keep deleted mailboxes for an amount of time before it deleted it permanatly, and just connect the mailbox to the new user account, the original local profile should be there so just copy the data into the newly logged on profile and i found that it solved the problem for me. u shoulnt have to rebuild the pc.

Worked a treat bro. Thank you! :D