Options

Windows 2003 Small Business Server.

TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
I have a 2003 Server that only certian users on certian computers are experiencing network drop offs. For example...

All users log in the morning to the domain with the username/password. Roaming profiles are loaded.

Mid way through the day some users will experience problems trying to access shares/programs on the server. It will ask for their username/password again to authenticate so they can use the server shares again/programs.

Any ideas what would cause this?

I checked their roaming profiles and they are all below 200mb.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    When it prompts them to authenticate again do they successfully authenitcate?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That happened one of my users, after some time they would not be able to use any program that used data on a network drive. I reset TCP/IP on the machine and it solved the problem. I don't have roaming profiles here though.
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    I have a 2003 Server that only certian users on certian computers are experiencing network drop offs. For example...

Is this the only DC in your environment? Is FRS and Directory Services functioning correctly? Any errors in Event Viewer?
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    Event viewer looks fine. I ran netdiag /fix and everything looks fine.

Yes, this is the only DC.

If they try and authenticate it will give an error message saying that they are trying to attempt to compromise security. I have them log off and log back in and it fixes the problem...

Very Weird.
  • Options
    Ok, I havnt fulled determined if this is the cause of the problem. I am pretty sure however. The customers experiencing this problem are using laptops and they had the power management feature enabled to disable the device. I went in and unchecked the power management and disabled hibernation and they did not have the problem when they logged in this morning.

I will see if this fixes their problem for now on.