Options

70-270 Server Knowledge

nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm pretty confident with XP, using it daily and with previous knowledge on 2k. I passed the 70-210 2 years ago with a close to the limit pass I believe.

My trainer mentioned that one thing that could catch people up is that behind the questions there is some server component knowledge required in order to diagnose the problem. How much and in what areas can I expect this?

I taking the 70-290 next week and the 70-270 the week after. I pretty happy with most of the material on the 70-290 so should this cover most of the server knowledge in the 70-270?

Cheers,
Steve

Comments

• Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    I have taken 70-290 and passed. I am taking the 70-270 next week, and in my studies, I am finding alot of the same material as well as questions revolving around knowledge of server. I am glad that I did it in this order (it wasn't my intention).
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    I pretty happy with most of the material on the 70-290 so should this cover most of the server knowledge in the 70-270?

I wouldn't say that it covers all of it. For instance RIS was covered in 270 but not in 290 (when I took the exams), are you happy with installing and configuring RIS? Have you had a look at the tech notes for 270 on this forum? Do you use any practice test software like Transcender or MeasureUp? They will give you a good idea as to what topics you will need improving on.
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys! :D

RIS is on my list of things to read up on next week! Should I aim to know it inside out?

My company is paying for my training and exams but have recently gotten very tight with spending. I did want to try some practice exams but can't get them to sign off on it yet! icon_rolleyes.gif

I've done a as many of the free ones I can find and seem to be coming out reasonably. Most areas, certainly on the 70-290 were okay. I've just gotten a test setup working of Terminal Services which has been a great help at cementing the reading I did on it.

Cheers,
    Steve