Options

how to match certs for best effect

with all the certs out there now from MS and cisco i was wondering what are the the to have for systems admin?

i have a degree in ecommerce at the mo and CCNA i want CCDA and im enrolled in the MS track for MCSA that i will upgrade to MCSE getting MCDBA at the same time

am i going down the right route? Will i need an Msc for networking as i have no industry experience i have only just done my degree. Im in england if that helps.

thanku
Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Well I'd say the MCSE + MCSA combination from MS is a must have in sys admin. Better still if u emerge from u're studying den with MCSE + MCSA + MCDBA. I just don't understand how a person with all those cert's.... with a degree, and living in England (loool) could have a hard time getting a job. icon_lol.gif

If u're doing CISCO (the real stuff)..... ahmm... well I think webmaster'll take over.

2lbs. icon_wink.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    thanks for the help dude icon_wink.gif im only 20 so far so i havent started to look as i am enjoyin learning this stuff at home in my own time. hehe i will pick up the 3 at once but i am now thinkin can i swap one of the exams i said b4 for a microsoft exchange 5.5 exam and still get the 3 MCSE MCSA and MCDBA as its really in demand over here.

the cisco stuff seems to be as important as the MS stuff over here and 1 without the other does not cut the mustard it seems icon_lol.gif
    Cheating - the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme ' that book is a fraud '
  • Options
    haha. If you want exchange in your str-fry, you'll have to take an 8th exam. The exchange exam is available as an elective and so are both SQL Server exams. If you take the exchg exam, you'll still have to take both sql server exams to get MCDBA. but but... stil worth it, 7 exams for three certs and the eigth'll spice it off. you'll have a fat technical resume.

I know this friend of mine who couldn't get a job, do what he may, in the whole of north america. I don't know, he just seemed to be truly unlucky. I think he got 100+ interviews, but to no avail. Now the funny part is, he flew to london, and bam!, he landed a job the next day! man.... i don't get it. Is this case specific to him in particular, or are technical jobs as plenty as pudding down there? icon_lol.gif

2lbs.
  • Options
    seth223ukseth223uk Member Posts: 158
    his american accent mite of charmed the laydees who knows icon_lol.gif
    london is great for tech jobs but where i live in the centre of england not such much. Hmmm ve got so many exams to take nowlol. Gunna be a busy boy. Im concentrating on my CCDA next thatll only take me a month or so then im gunna turn my attention to the MS track and hit them 8 exams square on the nose!

Is there any particular order i should take them in to make it easier? Like does knowing one help the other etc i should imagine it does like 210 and 215 etc icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    his american accent mite of charmed the laydees who knows

well could be. but the last time I heard a few birts roll with laughter when a friend of mine said 'where's the restroom?', I came to believe that the american accent is laughed at down there. well that ain't a problem, cuz we 2 giggle at them brits at times. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    Is there any particular order i should take them in to make it easier? Like does knowing one help the other etc i should imagine it does like 210 and 215 etc

well, not much of a networker, but yes, there certainly are exams you should take before others. I'm sure there isn't any prerequisite order, but some exams do contain others. That's to say, windows 2000 proffesional is a must know before the server version since the server version only has the server functionality as an extra feature. :)

2lbs.[/quote]