Options

XP Pro Service Pack 2 ques?

steelnesssteelness Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am due to take my XP Pro (70-270) exam in the next month or so but how much do I need to know about the features in XP Service Pack 2?

I have two books and a transcender but don't see any questions on service pack 2.

Can anyone help me with where to find practice questions in this area? icon_rolleyes.gif
If you are not positive, you are losing the battle!

Comments

• Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Can anyone help me with where to find practice questions in this area?

I don't remember any questions relating to SP2. It's over a year since I sat this exam though icon_eek.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    steelness wrote:
    I am due to take my XP Pro (70-270) exam in the next month or so but how much do I need to know about the features in XP Service Pack 2?

I have two books and a transcender but don't see any questions on service pack 2.

Can anyone help me with where to find practice questions in this area? icon_rolleyes.gif

quiet a lot. GPO and Security are the other topics u'll need to have a comprehensive knowledge on.

resource tips>> Learnkey or CBT nuggets....These help a lot

you should also consider setting up a home lab (Server 2003) for practice in preparation for other certs u might persue on your way to MCSA.
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks for you help guys, will just have to make sure that I get as many test questions as possible I guess and make sure that I know my GPO's and the firewall settings etc.

icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I'm almost completely through the Sybex 70-270 book, which has been updated to cover SP2, and the only references to SP2 that I've come across so far are in regards to wireless device management and Windows Firewall. I imagine that the important thing to know is that SP2 exists, and that XP is more secure because of it. I'm probably taking my test 2 weeks from today, I'll let you know if it goes any more in-depth than that.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pretty well all of the books on the market now have been updated to include SP2 changes. It wasn't long after the exam was changed before the book revisions began hitting the shelves.
  • Options
    Thanks peeps, I guess I bought some of the older books!! I will need to look at wireless questions a bit more but already know about the firewall (as a result of SP2) as I configure it a for work.

Thanks once again.

(Love this web site!!)

:)