Options

Anyone else ever notice?

It seems as if everytime I get one interview, I get several interviews. I will go for months with out anyone even looking at me and then BAM!! I am pounded with interviews. I have two now that I know I am among a very few being considered. I have one today and one next Tuesday. Just an observation.

Ed
Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP

Comments

• Options
    wizarddeathwizarddeath Member Posts: 115
    Yep, thats how it happens for me too. Comes in spurts. No calls for a month, then like 3 interviews in a week. However it comes with poor schedules/pay usually. icon_twisted.gif
    70-291 Next....
  • Options
    RavenSpawnRavenSpawn Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep same for me as well. Its all or nothing. When I moved to this city about 7 years ago, it took a few months to get a call for an interview then got 3 calls within the same week or so. I am now looking for a job again and nothing for a month or so then got 2 calls for interviews. Good luck on your interviews.
  • Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    Well for me it was after getting my first job.

i got about 7 calls the following week.

but i hate when this happens though.......decisions are a lot harder
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    RavenSpawnRavenSpawn Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes I know, makes you wonder if you made the right decision by choosing that particular job and since you're just starting it (unless you're unemployed and haven't started your new job yet), you can't exactly take time off to go for other interviews.
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    That does seem to be a trend.

For me the worst right now is I can get a job here in Kansas but I'm trying to get one in Wisconsin. No one seems to be interested in an (far) out of state canidate though.

Oh well I gueess I'll just press on and trust God that he's got a plan for me even if I don't understand it.

Good Luck to all of you.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I've had that same experience. When I got the job I currently have, I had three other offers in the same week. Before that, there had been nothing for months.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i have been swamped with emails and calls for the past few weeks .. i think the market is picking up icon_cool.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Its very strange how that happens. I was out of work in that horrible time in 2002 where there was virtually no work.

No interviews for 3 months!

Then all of a sudden a few interviews with 2 genuine offers that I liked both. So I chose weighing up all the pros and cons and I chose........

The wrong one!! It was paying a little less but they painted a great pciture of training, international travel and really glossed the job up. It was terrible, I went no where and got no training. 6 months later - goodbye! Onto a job with travel, training and just simply a much better job.

Maybe sometimes you need those s**t jobs to make you appreciate the good ones.
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    For Drainey:

http://www.epicsystems.com/Company/Positions.php

They sent me an email asking for me to take a look at their job openings because they found my resume online. I went ahead and applied for a couple and they contacted me asking for a phone interview. I'm out of state and they are fully aware of it. I don't know of any others in Wisconsin. I've got a bunch others all over the country...not many where I live currently though icon_cry.gif .

Famos
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)