Options

Taking my Network + Exam soon

Thund3rThund3r Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, i found this forum recently and must say it's great and extremely informative.

I'll be taking my Network + soon. I'm using the CompTIA Network+ Self Study Guide, 2nd Edition Anthony V. Chiarella

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Cheers
You'll Never Walk Alone

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome Thund3r! icon_cool.gif
    Definately check out the Tech Notes on this site, they are excellent. It's always best to use more than one source for your studies.

I can't remember too much from the exam, except that I had several questions on fiber cable/connectors and commands like tracert, ping, nslookup and such. Also more questions than expected on Novell and MAC. Maybe 4 of each or there abouts.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Thund3rThund3r Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Appreciate the feedback man :)

Can you recommend another good book for me?
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Welcome to Techexams! I liked the Mike Myers books for Net+. i also used the Technotes from this site, worth every cent, and they're pretty cheap for what you get inside, written by Webmaster here. Also, make sure you go over the objectives from Comptias site, and be familiar with each...
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    Some things to remember regarding the exam, I found, were know your OSI model, know your ports, TCP/IP diagnostics utilities, DNS, Netbios, which hardware operates at the certain layers of the OSI reference model, cable lengths etc, etc. but I suppose every exam is different, also with the new exam objectives, know your wireless technologies, take plenty of exams (practise, that is), technotes here, the Sybex book is good and Mike Myers Network+ Passport book, and you should do fine, and make sure you are scoring 85-90% pon the practise exams, and lastly.......................Good luck icon_wink.gif
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • Options
    kazoulinoskazoulinos Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello my Friend. Today i gave Network+ exams and passed. I was nervous also because i was studying for over one month. Well depending on your knowledge i believe its a very good exam to give and easy to difficult. When i started the Test. The big Questions where the first and after it was the smaller questions. I had 2 Osi Layer Questions Remember to know what Gateway does for incompatible networks , Samba service on Mac os X server. well man for more info sent mail to nikolas@cymailbox.com to answer you any questions now i remember :)

i Will be glad to help you
    Computers
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Hi there, several things:

1. First off, welcome to the forums!

2. Second, congrats on your Net+ pass!

3. And third, keep in mind that you signed a non-disclosure agreement when you took the test, which you will be violating if you tell anyone the exact questions that you saw on the test. It's OK to mention topics that were tested, but revealing the actual questions is a no-no.
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Hi there, several things:

1. First off, welcome to the forums!

2. Second, congrats on your Net+ pass!

3. And third, keep in mind that you signed a non-disclosure agreement when you took the test, which you will be violating if you tell anyone the exact questions that you saw on the test. It's OK to mention topics that were tested, but revealing the actual questions is a no-no.

100% Agreed :D

Oh yeah, Well done and Congrats icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.