Options

what will you pursue after completing MCSA?

i m working on the MCSA now. After completing the MCSA, I would like to pursue a couple of more certifications to increase my value and marketability. The reason is that I m looking for a better job than the current one I have.
What certs should I work on after MCSA? CCNA, A+, Server+, or Net+.
mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3

Comments

• Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    i have the same indicisive problem LOL

but i'm certianly not going back to CompTia certs.....

i'm thinking to just complete MCSE........or go wireless CWNA, or CCNA then complete MCSE.
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Probably MCSE for me as well.
  • Options
    taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    mm...i don't think I wanna complete MCSE that soon bcoz I just don't wanna stick with microsoft's certs... i believe HR would love to see more different certs.

will MCSA + CCNA be better than just MCSE?
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I'm thinking CCNA....
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    CCNA is great, but for me, before going somewhere else, I wanna finish my upgrade, then the security specialization which interests me a lot...though CCNA is very timely and interesting but finishing my MS upgrade is a priority...
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    For me, I'm working on LPIC right now, then going to go on and do CCNA (and probably CCDA) before I get back to MCSE. Trying to mix things up, not get too burnt out on one thing before I move to another. (I'm sure I'll be plenty burnt out by the time I'm done with MCSE and going on to CCNP.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    ya'll right CCNA is a very lenghty module..........and would prob take me six months to get prepared for it.
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, right now I'm currently pursuing my MCSE. Afterwards, my company is requiring me to do ITIL/MOC in addition to 301 exam (some project developer exam). Afterwards, I will be going for my MCSA: Messaging in addition to MCSE: Messaging. I'm still debating on whether I want to complete MCSE: Security or not. I definitely want to get my CCNA after all my Microsoft stuff and maybe CCNP. I might take a break before the Server 2008, however. Only time will tell.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Young FredYoung Fred Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well as far as what i will do it's basically etched in stone! lol
    as follows:
    MCSE
    MCT
    SECURITY+
    SERVER+
    CCNA
    NOVELL ENTRY LEVEL CERT
    LINUX/SUSE(RELATED) ENTRY LEVEL CERT
    ITIL
    Thats about all i have planned for now
    YoungFred.jpg
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    After Security+ and MCSA, CCNA seems like a agreat way to go if you want to be technical. I will definately go on to MCSE+security. The security+ makes this a no brainer. For now, the combination of MCSA and CCNA should be enough to land you a good job if you have any experience. With those two certs the paths are really endless.

Just my opinion.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    ok i think i figure out what other line of certs i'll do after getting MCSA......

>>>MCDBA....I presently work as a Data Manager so i think this is the correct path to follow, Besides there not tht much pple out there with tht cert, after which i'll complete MCSE.
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    Well I did all MS certs one after the other:

MCP > MCSA > MCSA Messaging > MCSA Security > MCSE > MCSE Security.

I am leaving MCSE Messaging for later... got tired :)

then... did CCNA, now CISM... later CCDA
  • Options
    PhilippatosPhilippatos Inactive Imported Users Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keatron said "consider this your first warning". OK, consider my contributions to this site withdrawn then.
  • Options
    RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    They way i see it 70-291-293-294 are the only ones i amreally interested in.so im ight as well get the mcse but i am working towards net security.i just view it as contiuing education towards my goal. but i have enough sense to leave it alone untill i get a position that the mcse would really help. right now A+ Net +,Mcdst-msca and maybe ccna helps with my current job.
  • Options
    If you use 293 as an elective to complete MCDBA, as I did, you'll only be one test away from MCSA when you finish. It's the killer 291 but hey, they can't all be a walk in the park, right? ;)

MCSE seems like a fairly easy step after that, IMHO.

true>>which is why i'm going to do 70-293 then i'd just need to do the two SQL(228,229) to get MCDBA.

hey one question though, are u planning to upgrade to MCITP (SQL server 2005 admin)?

and how many exams for tht upgrade?
    stonecold26.jpg
  • Options
    dratnoldratnol Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, I have my MCSA and have taken a few months off. I plan on finishing my MCSE (one more test) and then off to CWNA and possibly Security+.