Good deal or not? please help

Shadow888Shadow888 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, I saw a local web posting selling CISCO 2507 (2) + CISCO 2516 (1) + CABLE, and he's willing to let it go for $250cdn. He's local to me so I can pick it up, no shipping no taxes... is this a good deal or a rip off? I'm trying to start my own CCNA lab, will those be enough?

Comments

• DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a really good price for two routers. Which IOS is on it though and what ports does it come with?
  • Shadow888Shadow888 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually, the deal is for 3 routers.. 2x2507 + 1x2516. He said he's not sure what IOS they are running and how much ram... is it still a good deal then?
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Shadow888 wrote:
    Actually, the deal is for 3 routers.. 2x2507 + 1x2516. He said he's not sure what IOS they are running and how much ram... is it still a good deal then?

Just be Careful. Dont be fooled into buying "Stone Age" equipment. icon_wink.gif
    Some guys will come with that cr*p story on Ebay because the stuff is extremely old or just plain shot (It has happened to me)

Otherwise I would say it's not a bad deal for three routers. icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
    The problem is the seller doesn't know how much ram and which IOS versions they are running.. should I still go for it or not?
  • routingbyrumorroutingbyrumor Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You should make sure it has at least 16MB flash and 16MB RAM so you can run a decent IOS, maybe he could let you boot it up and test before you buy them?
    Is it really easy to upgrade the IOS in the routers, if in case I buy them and find out that they are really old? Also, which is the best IOS can I run with 16/16? Thanks
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I dont think its a good deal.You can pick these up on ebay for $50 each with max ram and flash.I would imagine the guy knows the ram and flash and is playing dumb.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$