Network+ Passport?

marzmegamarzmega Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is Mike Meyers' Network Passport enough to pass the Network+ exam. Also is the Tcat Houser Network+ book any good?
A+

Comments

• GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    I've heard that myer's net+ is lacking. But heard great things about the Sybex net+ book.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    network+ passport was the only exam-specific book i used to pass the exam. but i also used two general learn-networking-in-24-hours-type books, sybex networking complete and sybex windows 2000 complete. as well asking asking questions in forums and accumulating a massive favourites folder in internet explorer.

for somebody with experience in networking, yes, the book is probably excellent, but some concepts (the ones that stick in my mind are vlans and wans) i had to read up on from other authors, and generally have beatten into to me by big men with baseballs bats and knuckle-dusters.
    A+ Moderator
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used the passport as my only source for the exam. If you have a year or two of networking experience, the book should be enough. If not, find another book.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete