Options

SUS/SUS SP1 end of support

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
Important reminder about SUS/SUS SP1 end of support lifecycle December 06, 2006

This is the message I now get on my SUS server. I have to update and upgrade to WSUS, MS gets on my last nerve sometimes.

Comments

• Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    Sorry hear about that, but WSUS may be worth the pain. We use WSUS at my current job and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's a lot more flexible than SUS (at least from what I remember of SUS, only used it for about a month at my last job).
  • Options
    Thats good to hear, I have just been so busy the last thing I want to fix is something that is not broke!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If your clients are using Office XP or higher, WSUS will handle those patches too. Same with drivers, and other miscs tuff. All in all it's a nice improvement, as you can actually see your clients that the WSUS server is patching and view individual computers, their patch levels, etc. You can even uninstall previously pushed patches.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    WSUS >>>>>>>>> SUS. It's worth the trouble.

WSUS 3.0 should be coming out soon, I'll be downloading that beta before long.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    TregTreg Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    www.wsuswiki.com and the ms windowsserverupdateservices newsgroups are great resources as well.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    blargoe wrote:
    www.wsuswiki.com and the ms windowsserverupdateservices newsgroups are great resources as well.

I'll check it out, thanks.
  • Options
    Just installed WSUS today in my down time, yesterday was the last day for SUS- I rode that one out! Pretty simple and flawless install, I already like it.