TrainSignal

HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
So after watching Chris Bryant (CCIE) / TrainSignal BCMSN videos I must say I am not very impressed with the level of detail. Maybe it's the fact that I have been reading "Cisco LAN Switching - CCIE Professional Development". I have found a couple errors in his videos (so far) and sometimes he will show something but not explain how it happened or how to change it. I would highly recommend supplementing his videos in with a book or Cisco docs. He does do a good job of presenting the theory he does explain, and uses real cisco equipment.

BTW, anyone else get a laugh out of this "Welcome to TrainSignal, I am Chris Bryant CCIE #12933" at the start of every video?? lol!
Now working full time!

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am not very impressed with the level of detail.
    But you've been ruined by Doyle and Clark -- and the Cisco docs! icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    I love trainsignal, but I would definitely never use it as my sole training material. I always try to have 3-4 references per exam, and of course triple that for the IE icon_wink.gif
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    mikej412 wrote:
    I am not very impressed with the level of detail.
    But you've been ruined by Doyle and Clark -- and the Cisco docs! icon_lol.gif

That is true, you don't realize how good the books are until you read another book.

I have also pretty much finished my BSCI book collection, I have Doyle Vol 1&2, along with Halabi and the CCNP Self-Study by Paquet/Teare if I need it!
    Now working full time!
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    I agree with MrD! Trainsignal are the best CBT's available for the CCNP.

I tried CBT nuggets for BSCI but that instructor is absolutely horrible icon_evil.gif
    I might try their CBT for BCMSN mostly because the instructor is the same guy from their CCNA videos.

The Doyle books are smart though icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    BTW, anyone else get a laugh out of this "Welcome to TrainSignal, I am Chris Bryant CCIE #12933" at the start of every video?? lol!

Yeah, I'll probably start saying it in my sleep icon_lol.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    I absolutley love train signal. im scheduled for bsci in a week and for NA thats all i used. So we will c how it goes
    Switches are bridges on steroids!
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i think the vids are good but long as h$ll.. i don't have an 1 1/2 to watch a single subject..
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Personally, I think all CBT video courses should be considered supplimental to other material, such as books and classes. In most cases, like with CBT Nuggets and TrainSignal, the videos give you an overview. For the most part, I've found that videos like that give me either a good "quick and dirty overview" before I start reading the book, or they give me a good review after I'm done reading.
    steve-o87 wrote:

Yeah, I'll probably start saying it in my sleep

I don't know. . . I would probably just have my CCIE number tattooed on a random place of my body. (Which means that employers run the serious risk of me dropping my pants when they ask me for my qualifications.) icon_cool.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    lol....He does do a good job. I just watched multicasting which I struggled with on the Cisco docs but he clarified what I was confused about. I keep forgetting with his videos is that they are JUST enough to get you through the exam thats it. Reminds me of Todd Lammles CCNA book.
    Now working full time!