Options

Domain User right level

as I am reading my book, I just come up with a question.

lets' say, the workstation is a member of windows server 2003 domain. The user logs onto the domain with the domain account. The account is domain user right.

If policies are all default ( the workstation settings are running out of the box's settings), what priviledge of the domain user is granted in the local? will it get extra priviledge? please explain and post regards info, please. Thank you.
mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think I understand your question as this:
    What local rights does a domain user have by default on a workstation?

The answer is "User". Look in the users group on a domain workstation and by default the group "Domain Users" is in there. Also, if you look in the Administrators group on a domain computer, by default "Domain Admins" are in there.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    thank you. your answer is correct and very appreciative. Will this type of question be in the exam as well?
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    There will be questions that require you to know the difference between local and domain user rights and access. Make sure you understand how Active Directory can change permissions in your local Windows XP group policy, and how domain users and groups can be made members of local security groups. There are going to be a lot of discussions, on this test as well as others in the series, on permissions and the various types of security groups.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.