Options

Passed 70-270... I Think!!

nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I took the 70-270 yesturday and all went well. Studied hard the week before and felt reasonably confident with the required areas.

Ended the exam about 45 minutes early and got the score on-screen which was 873 so felt pretty good.

Waited for my print out and no sign. The test center manager looked into it and said for some reason she couldn't get the exam to end properly and that I'd have to wait on Prometric to send out the results today.

I've called both the test center and Prometric this morning and have yet got anyone to confirm what happened to the results.

I'm not very impressed with their systems I must admit!! icon_evil.gif

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Waited for my print out and no sign. The test center manager looked into it and said for some reason she couldn't get the exam to end properly and that I'd have to wait on Prometric to send out the results today.

Firstly congratz on the pass!!!

Secondly, exactly the same thing happened to me. Prometric took about 2 weeks to post me my score report. My transcript got updated the next day though so wasn't that bothered.

What you gonna do next?
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm not fussed on the score report but I'm a bit concerned they've yet to update my Prometric History. It's still showing as pending at the moment. icon_confused.gif

I'm onto the 70-291 next. I've heard worrying things about this one!! I'm a very tight schedule for this training and am looking to take the exam at the end of next week.

Any pointers for the main areas of study and practice??

Cheers,
    Steve
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Congrats!

How long does it normally take prometric to post scores? Vue had mine up before I got home. My MS MCT profile was updated shortly after that.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Any pointers for the main areas of study and practice??

DNS, DNS, DNS, RRAS, IPSEC, Custom Subnetting.
    It's still showing as pending at the moment.

Mine did for a while too, but as I said my MS transcript updated the next day. :D

Good luck for 291, practice creating DNS zones and troubleshooting RRAS policies.
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    sToNeDcNuT wrote:
    DNS, DNS, DNS, RRAS, IPSEC, Custom Subnetting

Oooh, sounds like fun!! icon_rolleyes.gif

RRAS is probably my weakest area so that's where I'll start. DNS could use a fair bit of study as well!

Cheers,
    Steve
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. Don't forget about DHCP! When I took 291, I got hammered on DHCP, DNS, RRAS, Custom Subnetting, and a couple questions regarding IPSEC.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Thanks!!

I've checked again today and it looks like they've finally found my results at Prometric and have updated my status to passed. :D

Cheers,
    Steve
  • Options
    PhilippatosPhilippatos Inactive Imported Users Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keatron said "consider this your first warning". OK, consider my contributions to this site withdrawn then.
  • Options
    andysm3gandysm3g Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□

Exactly the same happened to me. I sat the exam and passed 1st time :D and at the end got the 'Congratulations' screen with the score (715 - a pass is a pass icon_wink.gif ). Went to the reception area and the woman behind the desk looked a bit confused as nothing had been printed. I'm now waiting on Prometric to mail me my docs. It's a nervy wait!!
  • Options
    andysm3gandysm3g Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just checked the Prometric site and it's been updated as passed :D