Options

need some advice

bea405bea405 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I'm 27 with no experience but would love to get into the IT field. I'm taking classes and will get certified soon. The problem is, every entry level job I look at seems to require some kind of experience. How does someone like me with no experience get a simple entry level job? Is it worth all the studying and hardwork?

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hard work pays off. Do lots of labs, read material, and get to know the stuff. Do it because it's what you want to do. Lots of interviews say experience required, but it's not always the case. Once you get the interview, show them you know stuff even without the experience. If you have a good personality as well as show a high level of interest, there's a good chance you will land the job. That's how I got started in the IT Industry. I had issues with not being able to find a job, but I kept trying and ended up landing a Level One Network Engineer position with zero experience. But I kept studying and learning on my spare time and now I'm in a better job doing Consulting Work.

Good luck.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    for me what worked was internships and having A+ and Network+ at the time. Those things combined with a great resume got me lots of interviews. After that, it's just nailing the interviews and having a little luck :D
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems
    Hard work pays off. Do lots of labs, read material, and get to know the stuff. Do it because it's what you want to do. Lots of interviews say experience required, but it's not always the case. Once you get the interview, show them you know stuff even without the experience. If you have a good personality as well as show a high level of interest, there's a good chance you will land the job. That's how I got started in the IT Industry. I had issues with not being able to find a job, but I kept trying and ended up landing a Level One Network Engineer position with zero experience. But I kept studying and learning on my spare time and now I'm in a better job doing Consulting Work.

Good luck.

I agree...and this method has worked for me as well. Get the interview and prove what you know although you don't have the WORK experience doing it.

Famos
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)