CIT review:...UPDATED CCNP

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
i have already read " the toliet paper aka cisco press" and finished the knet vid, most of the nuggets and tsignal.

been doing this review and decided to use the learnkey for CIT only to discover that the all the files are corrupted icon_mad.gif

now i'm stuck and decided to use the career academy for CIT crash.gif this is so punishing

icon_bounce.gif passed with a 945 ...now i'm going to take a small break until jan then jump the next horse QOS, IE written??? i still will do the cbts for them but cut the 5am study hour for a while
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    CIT is the best exam out of the 4, imo. I love how it focuses on the debug/show outputs to solve the issues. Makes me feel all good inside hehe
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MrD wrote:
    I love how it focuses on the debug/show outputs to solve the issues.
    You beat me too it..... I was going to say re-read all the other CCNP Cisco Press books and pay attention to any section that has the works troubleshooting, show, or debug in it. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    I went thru the cisco.com website and printed off every debug/show command I've ever read/heard about...good stuff...good times...
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    MrD wrote:
    I went thru the cisco.com website and printed off every debug/show command I've ever read/heard about...good stuff...good times...

I think i want to throw up.
    Now working full time!
    Throw up? Man, I love the Cisco documentation!
  • Scratchcat69Scratchcat69 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_confused.gif: Hey guys - I just finished reading the Cisco Press CIT Exam Certification Guide (642-831) and I noticed something that has me a bit confused. If you look at what the book exam topics are - then look online at cisco.com and examine the exam topics - it looks like the exam prep book doesn't even come close to preparing you for the exam.

I just purchased the transcender course for the CIT - is it a note-worthly product to pass this last exam? I've got to get NP before 12/31 - I'm tired of studying!!!! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Please, anybody...let me know where to go! Thanks!
    Please, anybody...let me know where to go!
    The CIT Exam Cert Guide adds some new "fluff" for the exam and covers some of the troubleshooting stuff.... but you need to
    mikej412 wrote:
    re-read all the other CCNP Cisco Press books and pay attention to any section that has the works troubleshooting, show, or debug in it.
    That's why this thread started off with keenon referring to the CIT Exam Cert Guide as
    keenon wrote:
    " the toliet paper aka cisco press"
    book.

That's why most people recommend the CIT exam as the last exam (for the "old CCNP"). A lot of the material you should have read and learned while studying for the other 3 exams finally gets tested in the CIT exam.

Good Luck!

If you remember all the troubleshooting stuff, show and debug commands (and the new fluff from the CIT Cert Guide) then CIT should be the easiest exam..... :D

If you don't remember all that stuff (or go back and review it), then CIT will be icon_eek.gif
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Well done Keenon, you deserve it man, enjoy your break, but dont let it be too long
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Great stuff Keenon, Congratz icon_thumright.gif

Don't forget to have a few um...Celebration "Shandy's" drunken_smilie.gificon_lol.gifdrunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    icon_eek.gif BRAVO Keenon! With all your hardwork, i'm not surprised. Guess its party time and thank heavens its Friday.

I am getting tired of being on the congratulating side rather than the congratulated. Need to get off my butt and get serious. icon_confused.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Modifying an old post.....sneaky! icon_lol.gif
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Your success was an evidence ! Congrats and best wishes for big one icon_lol.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thx all.. i need a break, going to spend more time with the wife and sleep

but i think i'll look at cbts during downtimes but not actively for a while at least
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
    Big K Rock on my man! Congrats on the pass.
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    Congrats keenon!!!!!! icon_cool.gif
    Now working full time!
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!