Options

Components of verious WINDOWS desktops

AntiochmanAntiochman Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just a quick question. I was wondering if all the various components of the modern WINDOWS desktops, (95,98,98SE,NT 2K,XP.) are basically the same. I am not sure since I have only used 95, and ME.
To learn is life, living is putting to use what you have learned, death is when this process stops!

Comments

• Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Set your XP desktop to "classic" view (I think) and you'll see the desktop common on Windows 2000 icon_wink.gif
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    nt looks like win95; win2k looks like winme; xp pro looks like xp home.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    AntiochmanAntiochman Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks Pavlov and bellboy for the information. Do you two happen to know if the components are required knowledge in the A+ exam?
    To learn is life, living is putting to use what you have learned, death is when this process stops!
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    the fact that certain o/s look like others will not come into the exam, uless you use them as points of reference for dating them. for instance, nt looks like win95 and (correct me if i'm wrong) may have come out before it. that's one way to remember that nt is not a true pnp o/s and does not support fat32.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    HayrabHayrab Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    NT 3.51 looked like Win 3.x and Win95 used the new start button UI first, NT 4.0 released later, used the new 95 interface. XP is the first to use the new "fisher price" start button, but can easily be switched to classic.