Options

Passed CIT..racing against MrD for the IE now

RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
guys - this was the most difficult certification process I've ever undertaken. I've attained plenty of certs and let them all expire because to me they were just too easy to obtain. This process for me was just brutal, and i think the IE will actually be easier to get because at least ill be forced to sit in front of my lab rack and really hammer away at all of the IE lab topics.

I really think Cisco stacks the cards against you in getting the CCNP, only the smartest and most determined people can get it, i was determined.

To all of you who have the CCNP, and for all of you who actually pass each test the first time, I have an even greater respect for you. It pains me to know there's so many more talented people out there than me!

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job George, dont be in such a rush for the IE though,i think its better to work towards the knowledge rather than the cert.I agree with what your saying about the ccnp, i'm sure i'll enjoy the IE study more than the NP study,hopefully i will finish up the ccip next week and then it will be a three horse race! icon_smile.gif
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Well, dadgum, we got ourselves a little competition going on, eh? haha, sweet!
  • Options
    WindowsLMWindowsLM Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sweet! What is that now, 4 CCIE contenders between now and the end of next year? We have some true experts here. Now all you guys go and give Darby a run for his money as he blazes the trail ahead! icon_cheers.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    sprkymrk wrote:
    What is that now, 4 CCIE contenders between now and the end of next year?
    I just checked after reading another topic. We added the CCIE forum on November 23, 2005. Kenny (Ten9t6) already made one lab attempt so we dared to add a CCIE forum. I don't know if they are all going to make an(other) attempt before the end of next year, but now, one year after we created the forum, there seem to be at least 10 people working towards their CCIE:

Ed the Lad
    PCHoldmann
    MrD
    George
    DarbyWeaver
    Wildfire
    our one-and-only Mike
    Ten9t6, our distinguished former moderator who I spotted here yesterday.
    ModemHumper
    Darkuser

Good luck to all of you, your are definitely an inspiration!
  • Options
    You can go ahead and add Big K(eenon) to the list. I believe he's taking the CIT exam next week...

Yeah, we rock :D
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:
    What is that now, 4 CCIE contenders between now and the end of next year?
    I just checked after reading another topic. We added the CCIE forum on November 23, 2005. Kenny (Ten9t6) already made one lab attempt so we dared to add a CCIE forum. I don't know if they are all going to make an(other) attempt before the end of next year, but now, one year after we created the forum, there seem to be at least 10 people working towards their CCIE:

Ed the Lad
    PCHoldmann
    MrD
    George
    DarbyWeaver
    Wildfire
    our one-and-only Mike
    Ten9t6, our distinguished former moderator who I spotted here yesterday.
    ModemHumper
    Darkuser

Good luck to all of you, your are definitely an inspiration!

Wow, that is more than I realized! I missed Kenny since he has been busy elsewhere for most of the time I have been hanging out here. It was nice to see him do a drive-by post yesterday. icon_lol.gif

I surely admire all you smart Cisco guys, it makes my head spin to read some of your posts. icon_rolleyes.gificon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_bounce.gificon_scratch.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!

My hat is in the ring, who else is in?
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MrD wrote:
    You can go ahead and add Big K(eenon) to the list. I believe he's taking the CIT exam next week...
    I've always suspected forbesl... based on the quality of postings. But I have no hard evidence of intent....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Looks like the list is growing. Another one, who I noticed online a week or two ago is TunerX.

You're all making me look bad with my expired associate level Cisco certs icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    good job on finishing the NP track.... keep moving towards that IE, while stuff is fresh in the brain. You already have a big chunk of knowledge, now you just have to learn 3 to 4 ways to get everything done.... icon_wink.gif

Enjoy the ride...it is a lot of fun.... You will end up learning more than you ever thought working towards that IE #.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_bounce.gif i'm in
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Heck yeah! 3-4 ways for everything, eh? Well, I reckon I have a lot of work to do, but I'm lovin' it. Everything is starting to become like a 2nd skin...or 2nd nature if you know what I'm sayin'. icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Well, I suppose if you go by goals, you could add me as well....CCIE is why I got into IT in the first place. The idea of having to do so much work, and then having all the respect and power that come with such a designation, is like a fire under my arse...okay, so maybe it's just a small ember right now, but eventually, I'll get there....someday...hopefully...one day...
    i remain, he who remains to be....