Need a wee bit of help

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Ok am recently undertaking my studies for the network + with the aim to progress straight onto a CCNA early next year

simple question

what is the difference between a Logical Network and Physical network

am I right in saying

that the Physical Network is the topology and Cabling

And the logical network is how the computers appear to each other on the network?

Also do the 802.2 standard feature heavily on the exam it just seems alot to take in

The OSI level seems pretty simple to remember in comparison any tips as to how I can take in all the 802.2 standards?

Many Thanks
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    ally_uk wrote:
    what is the difference between a Logical Network and Physical network

am I right in saying

that the Physical Network is the topology and Cabling
    Uhm... you may want to read the first two lines in my Network+ TechNotes(as well as the rest ;)):
    www.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/mediatopo.shtml
    And the logical network is how the computers appear to each other on the network?
    Yes. Network diagram are often logical, which means the lines don't necessarily represent one cable. In a logical network, devices or even entire networks may be grouped together into a logical object. I.e. the Internet, or a Frame Relay cloud. It will become clearer along the way.
    Also do the 802.2 standard feature heavily on the exam it just seems alot to take in
    802.X (not just .2) is an essential part of networking, so whether it's heavily on the exam, you need to know this if you want to be 'Network'+ certified.
    The OSI level seems pretty simple to remember in comparison any tips as to how I can take in all the 802.2 standards?
    Both the OSI model and IEEE 802 standards aren't topics you should 'remember' or memorize, but understand.

Having said that, I think a good approach to learn about the 802 standards is too learn about the history of networking. The best way however is to use as many of them as you can.