Options

anybody know anything about Apex Systems Inc.?

brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
I asked the same question about a company by the name of Judge Technical (judge.com). Apparently no one knew anything. Someone there contacted me about a job. I emailed him back but he never got back with me.

Anyway, someone contacted me from Apex (http://apexsystemsinc.com) about a job, so my resume is generating some interest. That's a step in the right direction.

I know that Apex is a technical staffing company, but that's all I know.

Anybody have any experience with them?

Comments

• Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    Apex also contacted me but I don't know anything about them.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Not a clue. I've gotten contacted by them in the past, and I could find zero information about them.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    i have had some dealings with them. i think they search for resumes off of monster and careerbuilder .
  • Options
    jetdynamicsjetdynamics Member Posts: 129
    they contact me in the past regarding a contractual job for the navy base for one month didnt close the deal then after that i havent heard from them anymore.
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Apex is alright. they are also open to renegotiations while you are on the contract. I know a few people who are contractors with Apex at my job. They are on the Tier 2 Staff. I'll ask them what their thoughts are on Apex and post back. I'll ask them at work tomorrow.

Famos
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    WindowsLMWindowsLM Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    apex does work for my place of employement, they are in charge of the security system, alarms, video cameras, etc.

the people i work say they don't know what they are doing half the time, i have never had an encounter with them as i work nights, so i couldn't really say.
  • Options
    If I can get any kind of IT job through them I will take it. I have been trying to get into this field for a long time. I'm extremely bored in my current low paying, dead end job. I am trying to not just up and quit, I may anyway.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Apex is your typical headhunter agency....they're not too bad, there are better, but I'm sure there are worse....If this your only step into IT, I would take it and run...see how far you can get on the contract, and also keep learning so you'll be ready for something new when the time comes...there's not a whole lot worse than doing nothing on a resume....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I worked though Apex as a field tech for my last job. I am not too fond of them, they pay much lower than other recruiting agencies, they are a pain when it comes to getting money from them. I was supposed to get reimbursed for my parking expenses and they made it a painful process. I felt that they do not treat there employees very fairly. I am now working for a different recruiting company and they are paying me $6 more an hour and a much better about answering my questions and what not. Honestly though you have to get your foot in somewhere, so if you have to take something with Apex I would, it got me started and I don’t regret it.
  • Options
    I spoke with a co-workers, and they are satisfied with Apex. They are sub-contractors, so they get to renegotiate their contracts with Apex yearly...usually 10% increase. This is based on the contract and how much money is involved. Where we work, a security clearance is required, so finding cleared professionals in the Midwest is tough, so you can kind of call your price. If you do speak with the Recruiter, just ask about benefits, compensation, etc. Again...based on the contract they are trying to bring you on for, there should be different types of packages for you to choose from.

Like said above, another recruiting agent are Head Hunters, who finds you for companies. The difference is that they find you, the company hires you, headhunter is paid, and you don't hear from them anymore. Contractors like Apex will usually hire you, company accepts you, but you are still on the Apex payroll. They will probably get a percentage of what the company wishes to pay for you. It is usually something like 60/40...depending on the contracting company and how much they want to pay you. For an example...Apex, wants to pay you 20 bucks per hour. Apex is probably getting paid 50 bucks for every hour that you work.

I would see what they are talking about and then go from there.

Famos
  • Options
    Interesting. Thanks for the replies.

When you say Head Hunters, is that headhunters.com?

Any other recommendations?
  • Options
    When I say "Headhunter" I am referring to a different type of recruiter. A headhunter might be a company who will recruit you and in my words, sell you to a company. You are then on the company's payroll. A regular contracting company will recruit you, have you work for a company, but be on payroll with them. In my words, the contractor will rent you to the company :) .

Famos