Options

OS Test Results are in

zenzenzenzen Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
but they couldn't be printed icon_cry.gificon_evil.gif

got a 670 on the exam after studying like a day and a half, but I use the computer all the time so I figured that's all I needed to.

now I'm A+ certified yay!!!!!! time to change my profile thingy(official A+ term)

question: for those who weren't able to print their results at the testing center, what did you do...or did you even have to do anything. the really hot asian girl administering the tests told me to 'call this number' then handed me a number right...and i call it and they're like you need an ID number or test number or something I could barely understand him, his native language couldn't have been English.

but anyway, if I just don't do anything will they be smart enough to mail me the results and my certification certificate and all that nice stuff like the A+ card. Or do I have to wait in the hour long queue only to be told to dial a different phone number.

After this first time I though screw it I'll come ask here someone can probably tell me better than the people who work for comptia can.

edit: very tired right now not much sleep, forgive any spelling mistakes and/or rants about nothing in particular

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    The test center should have given you some embossed/stamped paper wtih your score on it.

I suppose you'll need to contact Prometric/Vue whichever you tested with.

That paper is the 'only proof' you passed your exam. Now it may be like the labels on mattresses that say DO NOT REMOVE....(I think they've been updated to say to be removed by final consumer)...anyway...

How did it not print? Did the exam not send it to the printer? Was their printer jammed? (if you know).

I've always been able to have the centers print me multiple copies that they stamp before I leave. Otherwise, there isn't an 'official' record that I'm aware of.

Please keep us updated on your results.

And Congrats on your A+ :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    it just didn't print. the girl there told me they were having problems with their printer. i was like uhhhh....ok. I figure that being an IT etc testing center they could handle logging my score, or doing whatever it is they need to do. not like I work there so I wasn't worried about it that much. I got a stamped one when I took hardware at the same place like 2 weeks prior.

If for some reason my test just gets lost and I'm out of money I'm gonna be really pissed off. I hated that OS test.

I'll try calling but god, waiting on hold for like 4 hrs a day really really really sucks
  • Options
    I'd recommend you get on it and stay with it ASAP. The more time that passes the less likely a resolution that is optimal for you will be had.

Sure, they 'should' have your information...though there is a chance they don't.

Since you already took 1 exam a couple weeks earlier, log into CompTIA's site and see what shows there.

But, I would stay with it until you get a definate answer one way or the other.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    thanks

status update: on hold for like 30 min icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    zenzen wrote:
    thanks

status update: on hold for like 30 min icon_lol.gif

Well, while holding...you could study for you next exam while listening to that beautiful on-hold MUSZAK (does anyone still use that??)
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    well the music was in full force let me tell you, probably the worst stuff i've ever heard i dunno ever. the quality was so bad it sounded like a foreign language lol but i recognized one song and that song did indeed suck worse than the foreign language ones

but anyway they said they'd mail it once my status has updated. So at least they know I passed
  • Options
    gregweb16gregweb16 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    zenzen wrote:
    well the music was in full force let me tell you, probably the worst stuff i've ever heard i dunno ever. the quality was so bad it sounded like a foreign language lol but i recognized one song and that song did indeed suck worse than the foreign language ones

but anyway they said they'd mail it once my status has updated. So at least they know I passed

Good to hear!

Congrats again :)
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□