It jobs with a full time job?

boatguy1982boatguy1982 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am getting employed by a mechanical company because all of my Naval experience was with mechanics, hydraulics, and pneumatics. These jobs will be about 40-50 hours a week. What options do you guys think I have to get IT experience on the side? Weekend jobs, night jobs, ect?

I do not like the field I am in but it supports my family. I am hoping to build up experience with IT and gradually switch to that field as I attain more experience and certs, does anyone have any actual experience with this?

Does this sound like a feasible plan? Right now with my current finanacial situation i need to make around 20 dollars an hour and with my current job I can.

Sorry about the spelling, its the result of to much working and to much homework.

Comments

• DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You might be able to work part-time at a computer store doing repairs (Best Buy, Geek Squad..etc). If you've got enough knowledge, you could also post an add in the paper for pc repair that you could do out of your home or make house-calls. What do you think of that?
  • boatguy1982boatguy1982 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a good place to start. Also was an idea I did not think of.
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Local ads/newspapers for computer repairs... maybe a yellow pages ad if things start picking up for ya.

Word of mouth will be your best friend, eventually you will pick up businesses.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?