Options

2 exams at once?

webslngrwebslngr Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I've been studying for Security+ now for a little over a month. I'm still not 100% ready to take the exam. I thought I could get it done by mid-November and get LPIC-1 before the first of the year.
The Security+ stuff is not clicking with me as fast as I thought. Does any one think it wise to study for both the Security+ and LPIC-1 exams at the same time and take both tests by Jan 1st 2007? Or should I focus strictly on Security and get it done?
Having both certs by '07 is just a personal goal that I set. But I'd like your advice, especially if you've studied for two exams at once. This will be my last CompTIA exam. All Microsoft and LPIC-2,3 for 2007.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    If the information is not clicking with you it seems that you have answered your own question. You may increase your success by focusing on one at a time. I am not familar with the LPIC so I don't know how demanding that test is. The Security + isn't too bad but it does have some concepts that you simply must comprehend to pass.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I do not know anything about the LPIC-1 exam, however, the Security + exam has consepts that you must understand before you can pass. You may do well to concentrate on one at a time. You will probably reduce the over study time necesary for each test and increase your success rate.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP