Options

CCNA FINAL

MAC_GLASGOWMAC_GLASGOW Inactive Imported Users Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I read that the CCNA Final exam can have 2-3 sims. I also read that the sims are weighted higher, if for example you have 3 sims that can make up around 30% of total marks.

Is this true, and more importantly if it is true does anyone know the weight of a single sim? or a good estimate.

Comments

• Options
    apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    I beleive Cisco does not release details like you are asking for on how the test is scored. That being said I would be shocked if the simulations we're not worth more than the standard questions as the simulations add hands on skills to the test which gives it more credibility.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Are you asking about the Cisco CCNA Network Academy Final? Or the real CCNA exam?

If it's an Academy question......

When I did the academy there were a couple of "optional" SIMs that could be done for practice... not sure if they have been added as an option to the exams now.

The Academy Instructors do have the ability to set the weight on the individual parts of the Academy program -- module exams, labs, case studies, finals. So if they have added SIMs to the Academy Finals, your instructor may or may not be able to set that.... that's who you should probably ask.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    MAC_GLASGOWMAC_GLASGOW Inactive Imported Users Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im typing about the 640-801 final
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    That's the comprehensive certification exam. It can have sims in it, and most likely will. It most likely will be graded more heavily than a form question, and you do get partial credit for getting part of the solution.
    You do not have to write your config back to NVRAM to get full credit, but if you ask me, at least a few points should be taken off, since if someone rebooted the router, your changes would be lost.
    And I am saying that after forgetting to save the config on the exam.