Options

Passed 70-291 - A Beast....

I scored 840, but by looking at the printout on my Sectional Results, I thought I would have scored HIGHER icon_confused.gif .

It's a BEAST...as far as how the questions are worded. It seems that the exam is testing you on the understanding of the question more than the knowledge to get the job done. My opinion of course.

I had about 7-8 questions about WSUS. Make sure you look over the WSUS stuff on Technet. A lot of DNS and a few similations that although it asks you to do something, they assume that you will check boxes or activate radio buttons in other areas to get the full answer correct. In other words, do not assume that other options are checked by default in different areas that will allow you to complete your task...check them. They won't ask you to perform every task REQUIRED for the results they are asking for. You might even have to read back over the scenario and look for other things that are required icon_confused.gif . I only had one question that involved some subnetting RECOGNIZATION, which is kind of disappointing because I'm pretty good at it.

Anyway...this has been the toughest exam so far in my track...especially since I'm not actually using any of this at my job currently. During the exam, I thought I was doing perfectly, but the results said otherwise. A PASS IS A PASS though!!!

I used MOC 2276C and 2277C, Microsoft eLearning 2276 and 2277, Measure UP Exams, Technet, a little bit of Virtual PC, but the eLearning courses provided plenty of time and resources for online servers/labs, and all of the information provided by the members of this forum :) . Thanks!

Famos
B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
M.B.A. (Technology Management)

Comments

• Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Man, I am not looking forward to this exam!

Congrats!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Congratz!!! icon_thumright.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Thank you ALL!! I plan to utilize my newly acquired knowledge on a new job that I start next week as a Systems Administrator :o . I was surprised to get the job based on the requirements in the job description, but as many know that have read some of my posts...I'm not shy about applying icon_lol.gif . It will be a great experience being that there aren't many on the I.T. Staff and I have HUGE responsibility including all servers (SQL, Exchange, WSUS, etc.), liason between IT Dept. and customer, technical documentation and training for users within the organization, and much more. The Director is taking a risk on me without the experience, but I've already proved to him that I am a performer and fast learner duirng the many interviews. I will finally get to do the stuff I've been wanting to do since leaving college a year ago!!

Famos
  • Options
    nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and the new job. Sounds like a great opportunity.

I agree with you on the wording and felt the same after taking it yesturday. I think they're being a bit unfair with this exam as the material isn't the most complicated and they seem to want to make it harder than it actually is.

Cheers,
    Steve
  • Options
    amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    congrats to you :D
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    Congrats on the pass and the new job. Sounds like a great opportunity.

I agree with you on the wording and felt the same after taking it yesturday. I think they're being a bit unfair with this exam as the material isn't the most complicated and they seem to want to make it harder than it actually is.

Cheers,
    Steve

I TOTALLY agree. I posted in another thread about how I felt the material seemed alright while learning and not TOO hard to grasp while studying. I was wondering what was so tough about the exam. I found out...I'm just glad I chose the right answers icon_wink.gif . I was kind of worried thourhgout the exam because I had marked about half of them to come back to so I could reread and figure out what Microsoft was asking me. It was crazy...I only had about 50 minutes left when I was done because of the sweating and scratching of my head trying to figure these questions out. I'm glad it's over, but I'm sure the rest of the MS exams are worded the same...

Famos
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    great job and terrific opportunity!!!
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Awesome results! Congrats on job!
    Thanks for the heads-up about the exam. I can't wait.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job on the pass. It's a very good score for this exam. It seems that MS updated 291 to include WSUS. It seems as if everyone has been getting WSUS on 291.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks