Options

70-291 - My Least Favourite So Far

nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the 70-291 exam today but only just. Scored 720. Was glad to get it out of the way first try but a bit disappointed as I felt I knew the information better.

Onto 70-293 next. Hopefully I can score better! Thanks to everyone for their help preparing for this exam.

Cheers,
Steve

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats Steve! I don't think there are that many people who score very high on this exam.
  • Options
    chardychardy Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I heard that test is very hard, I hope to take it at the end of the year. What materials did you use to study?
    Lost One
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

I mainly used the 2277c training book. It's good a good groundwork but I then used the help pages from the various consoles, DNS, DHCP etc to read more. Technet is also a good resource for learning Microsoft terminology! I also spent a fair bit of time with a Virtual PC environment to try things out.

Finally I read through the CramSession guide a few times to reinforce the knowledge.

The exam does seem hard but I think Microsoft have made it harder than it needs to be by the way they've worded it. The Simulations I had were fairly straightforward though.

Make sure to really study DNS well. I also had a lot of WSUS questions, some DHCP and a fair number of RRAS. There was only one which seemed to require subnetting knowledge from me. There were a few that didn't seem to fit any of the exam objectives specifically which I had to use educated guesses on.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Steve
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Steve! icon_thumright.gif
    Your score was fine, don't sweat it.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options