Options

just passes os in new linear format

borris9borris9 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello every body icon_cool.gif ,
i just passed the new linear format A+ OS test. It was supposed to be the 2001 objective but about a quarter of the exam was XP question. it took me 25 min to do the test (90mins given) and i got a pass mark of 772. it had 80 questions and i didnt think it was going to end as your asked 1 question at i time, but i have now completed A+ :D and moving on to Server +. i have finished the study for it, so has any one got any advice for the server + exam.

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on the A+ cert!

I'm studying for Server+. Haven't tested yet. Would like to know about your experience after you take the test.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Congratz. I'm going for my A+ in October, which my company just signed on to pay for. Have you taken hardware yet, or is that next?
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • Options
    borris9borris9 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes i have taken the A+ H/W Test. but i took that when it was the adaptive test. i got 20 Q's and got a score of 1008 point. it was way easier then OS (for me anywayz), you really cant go wrong if you study and know your stuff. so i am fully certified.
  • Options
    carbunklecarbunkle Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    really you had XP questions...thats kind of scarry I take my test thursday and havent done any studying for XP.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    carbunkle - I suggest that you visit the Comptia site and review the objectives.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    smn429smn429 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pardon me for being someout ignorant, but could someone please explain to me just exactly what the new A+ linear test is and how it differs from the adaptive. I have taken the hardware test and passed with "flying colors" and have been preparing for the OS test, which I plan to take within the next week or so, and would like to know what I can expect.

Also, do you have the option of the linear over the adaptive or is it just strictly linear?

DAZED & CONFUSED icon_shaking.gificon_scratch.gif
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As you are aware, the old adaptive was somewhere between 20 and 30 questions, and the type of question depended on how you answered. Theoreticaly if you did not get any wrong you would get 20 questions all in different areas. Basically how it worked was that if you missed a question it then asked you a question on the same subject, but a little easier - miss that and the question got even easier - and so on.

With Linear you atre asked approximately 80 questions on each of the A+ linear exams covering the 2001 objectives, and this is a 90 minute exam. the passing score is 467 for hardware and 469 for OS. These are on the incredibly stupid Comptia 100 - 900 scale that even they don't understand ... lol
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007