Options

Fingers are crossed...

Red Sox FanRed Sox Fan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm off to take my hardware exam today. Wish me luck. I have read and re-read the Meyers Passport book, taken classes and been using the Thompson Cert-Blaster tests, while also using homemade flashcards. I feel ready...

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    Post back your results so we can congratulate you. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Red Sox FanRed Sox Fan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not what I expected...I passed with a 578. The test was comprised of alot of customer relations questions. Also, there were a lot of questions where one or more answers were correct, but wording was "what is the BEST answer?" There were a few software questions also. I noticed that test was almost geared for someone who has already worked in the field for a while, as alot of the questions seemed to be about experiences and real-life situations, not "what is the IRQ for the math-coprocessor?". There were one or 2 IRQ questions, one or two socket questions and maybe four or five printer questions. My particular test had about 9 or ten network questions. Either way, I passed, so I am now on to studying for the software portion. Thanks for this site and everyone on it...big help!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, that was close but congratulations! :)

You had that many network questions on the A+?
    And yes, they do state for the exam that the assumption is someone with about 6 months field experience, or thereabouts.
    All things are possible, only believe.