What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I've gone ahead an pulled the trigger on my Security Lab payment a couple days early.

The Lab schedules seem to be opening up a little -- 2 closer in RTP R&S Lab days are open. And San Jose is opening up wide for Security with cancellations just before the "pay dates" -- and even R&S dates in San Jose are now open within the 28 day lab payment window. The "Lab date availability drought" seems to be easing -- at least in San Jose.

I guess this means on Monday evening I shift back to studying for the CCIE Security Lab (after a weekend of drunken_smilie.gif )
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    But with the new R&S Written coming soon, covering MPLS and Serious IPv6, I'd be willing to start a rumor about January 2008 R&S lab changes. I'd expect things to tighten up even more than they have been.

Hey -- I should go see icon_spiderman.gif 3 this weekend -- I've been too busy.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    But with the new R&S Written coming soon, covering MPLS and Serious IPv6, I'd be willing to start a rumor about January 2008 R&S lab changes. I'd expect things to tighten up even more than they have been.

Hey -- I should go see 3 this weekend -- I've been too busy.

There was a rumour about that on the Cisco "ask the expert forum" now Im hoping they give a bit more notice than they have given people for the written! I spose something like MPLS is long overdue, if you think in 2004 they had frame, Dial, ISDN and icon_evil.gif ATM icon_evil.gif. I wonder if something like DSL would also make it to the R&S lab as its a widley deployed in this day and age. Personally as long as it doesnt change by August Im happy icon_rolleyes.gif

Mike when is your next run at the lab?
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    June 15th for Security (San Jose)
    .... July for Security (if needed and available)
    .... August for Security (if needed and available)
    Sept 19th for R&S (San Jose)

I've decided to become a member of the CCIE Lab of the Month Club. Security Dates are available in San Jose, so I'll probably focus on that. So I'm going "backwards" again with the Security Lab first, rather than my long forgotten plan to get the R&S first.

As soon as I pass a CCIE Lab Exam, I'll probably go for the SP Written so I can get a peek at the Schedule.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    mikej412 wrote:
    June 15th for Security (San Jose)

What do you say, Mike? You get one of those nifty numbers after you name today?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hes blatently got drunken_smilie.gif and is puking on the pavements right now, i hope in celebration of a victory!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    I dunno if he'd get his grade on a Saturday??? Maybe he'd have to wait till Monday. That would be brutal.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm betting Mike, EdtheLad, Turgon and Peter (PCHoldman) will all get their CCIE this year.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't bet on me icon_smile.gif , i'm too busy learning new things at work to concentrate on ccie, i just got an additional 3 months contract extension on Friday.For the last couple of months i've gotten great switching exposure upgrading a L2 core of over two hundred 6500s.
    Soon i will be working on a new project which involves mpls and vpls. I'm still studying away on the ccie material but not at the level required to pass ccie lab this year.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We better alert the San Jose media, that Mike might be on the loose!!! icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I'm scheduled for my next Security Lab attempt.... and I have the flight booked. I'm thinking that will be the number trip. icon_wink.gif

I will have the refrigerator stocked with Guinness for that attempt.

I did modify the "lab of the month club" plan -- I'm splitting the difference with my Sept R&S attempt since I only need one more Security Lab attempt. :D I'm scheduled for Aug 10th - another Friday, which is the only night with a direct flight back to Chicago.
  • Options
    Hey Mike,

Glad to see that you at least survived the ordeal! And just think of it, you got to enjoy some good ole really hot San Jose weather too...

Anyway, I wish you the best on the next "number trip" icon_wink.gif

In the meantime, maybe you can continue to help us wayward people eventually heading down the same path! icon_lol.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

-prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    since I only need one more Security Lab attempt.

That's the spirit icon_thumright.gif

Cheers,
    -prophet-
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    8 days left?? What are you going to do for 8 days?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    I'm scheduled for my next Security Lab attempt.... and I have the flight booked. I'm thinking that will be the number trip. icon_wink.gif

I will have the refrigerator stocked with Guinness for that attempt.

I did modify the "lab of the month club" plan -- I'm splitting the difference with my Sept R&S attempt since I only need one more Security Lab attempt. :D I'm scheduled for Aug 10th - another Friday, which is the only night with a direct flight back to Chicago.

I'm also scheduled for Aug 10 at RTP, are you RTP or SJ?
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    well good luck fellas, please let us know how it wen't.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, err. . . I mean, "Good luck". Knock it out of the park! icon_cool.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    dpocorobadpocoroba Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck !

-Derek
    "Knowledge is contagious, infect"
  • Options
    Good luck guys. dtlokee, did you actually have the pleasure of a Cisco visit to RTP, I totally forgot? icon_wink.gif

APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Good Luke Mike...... Not that you'll need it anyways!!!! :D

Reading threads like this makes me push even harder to get to the knowledge levels that you guys are at!!!! Can't wait for that day when I start pursuing my CCIE

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    k its the 12th we should of heard something by now :-p
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah those Friday lab dates you don't get your scores right away.

I was not in a mindset to take the lab this time, my flight was cancelled, they bumped me to later flight at 4:00 pm, then they cancelled that one after I was told it will be going for sure. Jumped in the car at 4:30 and drove 8 hours to RTP, got into the hotel at 12:30, didn't get to sleep until 2:00 am and then had to get up at 5:30 for the lab.

My head just wasn't in it, but we'll see
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    Sometimes those are the days when success just takes us by surprise. I hope that is the case for you! icon_wink.gif

You certainly should get it based on your dedication.

Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    dtlokee wrote:
    Yeah those Friday lab dates you don't get your scores right away.

I was not in a mindset to take the lab this time, my flight was cancelled, they bumped me to later flight at 4:00 pm, then they cancelled that one after I was told it will be going for sure. Jumped in the car at 4:30 and drove 8 hours to RTP, got into the hotel at 12:30, didn't get to sleep until 2:00 am and then had to get up at 5:30 for the lab.

My head just wasn't in it, but we'll see
    wow that sucks about your flights. did you get free flight vouchers?
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    Is it Monday morning in Tokyo, Bejing, or Syndney yet? That's were our labs will probably be graded. I think the voice labs do get graded locally -- so those guys wait even longer for their Friday lab results.

This wasn't a number trip for me.... my mind was elsewhere. But the sun was shining after the storms moved through and I caught my flight out without any trouble. I think I got more sleep on the flight out and at the hotel then I had gotten in the previous week -- so it was worth the trip. icon_lol.gif

I'm probably going to keep my Sept 19th R&S Lab date -- either I'll be able to prepare for it -- or I'll go on that trip, just like this one, to catch up on sleep. :D Currently there are no R&S dates available on the schedule at either SJ or RTP -- so hopefully I can make that trip count.
  • Options
    damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I confess...I've been sitting here waiting on ANY news from you guys, and I was looking at the clock, thinking back to the posts where people got their results email at 1, 2, 3 am, etc.

(ok not sitting RIGHT here, but i kept the page up as i cleaned and did other stuff)

Glad you both made it home safely!
  • Options
    thinking back to the posts where people got their results email at 1, 2, 3 am, etc.
    Those would be the Mon-Thur Lab results -- R&S labs are probably graded first. It's 2pm/3pm in Beijing/Tokyo.... so the R&S Labs from SJ/RTP are probably graded now.... and they are hopefully working on the Security labs -- but those probably take longer to grade :D
  • Options
    damsel_in_tha_netdamsel_in_tha_net Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i get it...so now it's EOB in asia, round 5ish, so surely....
  • Options
    Hum.... still no official result yet. Now I'm beginning to wonder if the Security Lab is also graded locally....