Just sat 71-620

Well I've just taken the Configuring Windows Vista beta exam and thought I'd give a little review.

I had 56 questions and 4 hours.

Main topics covered were Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, Configuring Wireless connections, UAC & Parental Control, Windows Backup, IE7, upgrading to Vista from previous versions, Windows mail, calendar and Meeting place and a few tablet-PC questions.

The format was mostly multiple choice and I got one question that I had to select a hot spot.

The exam seemed quite straight forward but there were a few MS cryptic-kinda questions which I had to re-read a few times just to make sure I knew what they were asking of me icon_confused.gif :P

My only preparation for this exam was installing RC1 on my desktop at home icon_redface.gif :P Hopefully that will have been enough icon_rolleyes.gif

Anywayz, I will get my results by post before the live version of the exam is released, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Up Next : Not sure :o

Comments

• eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Hey well, good luck. Would be nice to be Vista certified before it officially comes out. :P
    witty comment
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    good luck, nice review....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    geekie wrote:
    Well I've just taken the Configuring Windows Vista beta exam and thought I'd give a little review.

Main topics covered were Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, Configuring Wireless connections, UAC & Parental Control, Windows Backup, IE7, upgrading to Vista from previous versions, Windows mail, calendar and Meeting place and a few tablet-PC questions.

The format was mostly multiple choice and I got one question that I had to select a hot spot.

The exam seemed quite straight forward but there were a few MS cryptic-kinda questions which I had to re-read a few times just to make sure I knew what they were asking of me icon_confused.gif :P

My only preparation for this exam was installing RC1 on my desktop at home icon_redface.gif :P Hopefully that will have been enough icon_rolleyes.gif

Anywayz, I will get my results by post before the live version of the exam is released, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Pritty much the same sort of questions that i gotm the 4 hours they let you have seem way to long or is it just me icon_confused.gif
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    tibul wrote:
    geekie wrote:

Pritty much the same sort of questions that i gotm the 4 hours they let you have seem way to long or is it just me icon_confused.gif

Looks like we all got about the same exam.
    I just didn't get the select the spot...
    And yes 4 hours is way to long.
    I'm with you as well. Only prep I did was played a few days with Vista and read some help files here and there, and that's about it.

Kind regards.
    Eastp.
    Multitasking:
    Screwing up several things at once.
    now all 3 of us just have to wait for our results lets hope we all pass :D
    Studying 70-292.
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    lets hope we all pass

Yeah that would be nice!!
    geekie wrote:
    lets hope we all pass

Yeah that would be nice!!

Absolute…
    Very nice
    :D:D
    Multitasking:
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    _omni_ wrote:
    Hey well, good luck. Would be nice to be Vista certified before it officially comes out. :P

I hate you all icon_cry.gif
    =P
    I really wish I could have taken the test too
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I believe the extra time is in case you need to comment on each question. Or is that not an option where you can give feedback while still working on the test?

The SCNP test had that option, and I took advantage of it. One question I was certain had no answer, and two 'could have been' answers.
    Some interesting info for people, just found this on the ms site "MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration (exam 70-620) can be used as an elective for your MCSA or MCSE."

now i really hope i pass as it'll add to my MCSE :D
    Studying 70-292.
    Danman32 wrote:
    I believe the extra time is in case you need to comment on each question. Or is that not an option where you can give feedback while still working on the test?

The SCNP test had that option, and I took advantage of it. One question I was certain had no answer, and two 'could have been' answers.

There was only the option to provide feedback after the exam.
    It was still possible to do this for every question.
    Multitasking:
  • muriloninjamuriloninja Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So did anyone pass?
    Still waiting on the results for the exam, they said up to 8 weeks so i suppose i should get my results at the end of this month.
    Studying 70-292.
    me too. the suspence is killing me icon_lol.gif
    geekie wrote:
    me too. the suspence is killing me icon_lol.gif

For me it's the same,
    I have the 71-622 lined up and I still don't know how I did on the previous...
    I really hate this.

Kind regards.
    Eastp.
    Multitasking:
    I have the 71-622 lined up

Good luck! How's the prep going?
    geekie wrote:
    I have the 71-622 lined up

Good luck! How's the prep going?

Thx....

I still need to get started.
    At the moment I don't have any time to prep for it.
    I have planned it on the 20dec. with 2 days off before to prep.
    So this will give me 4days with the weekend included.
    Hope this will do...

Kind regards.
    Eastp.
    Multitasking: