Options

need help with article 314649

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
Hi I've read the article about step-by-step migration on this site but have a question about the mangled exchange attributes article found here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314649

the section in question is found here

"Active Directory forests are not vulnerable to this mangled display name problem if you use the Windows Server 2003 adprep /forestprep command to create the initial definition of the Secretary, the labeledURI, and the houseIdentifier attributes. Specifically, mangled LdapDisplayName attributes do not occur in the following scenarios:

•You run the Windows Server 2003 adprep /forestprep command in a Windows 2000 forest before you install Exchange 2000.

•You add Exchange 2000 to an existing Windows 2000 forest. You run the Inetorgpersonfix.ldf file before you run the Windows Server 2003 adprep /forestprep command.

•You add Exchange 2000 to an existing Windows 2000 forest. You then run the Exchange Server 2003 setup /forestprep command before you run the Windows Server 2003 adprep /forestprep command."

I'm curious about the last bullet point it says

"Exchange Server 2003 setup /forestprep command before you run the Windows Server 2003 adprep /forestprep command."

so does that mean I can use my exchange 2003 enterprise CD and run the /forestprep and not perform the fix listed further down the article???

if not Im not sure what Scenario best desribces what I'm trying to do which is add a new 20003 RC2 server with exchange 2003 enterprise to replace a windows 2000 server with exchange 2000 standard edition.

thanks in advance

Comments