Options

71-620 Windows Vista - Exam Objectives

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
As the Subject says, here's a link to the exam objectives aka "Skills Being Measured for the 71-620 Windows Vista exam:

icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/learning/exams/71-620.mspx

Note the title for the exam: "TS: Microsoft Windows Vista, Configuring"
The exam objectives include a lot of "Configure ....", and some Troubleshooting and some Install/Upgrade... I'm not sure, but I think this is because of the MCDST Vista.

For those who aren't familiar with MS exam codes, the '71' indicates the exam is a beta version. So the exam code for the Windows Vista exam will be 70-620.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I think if I ever finish my MCSA, I might do this exam, or the official version when it comes out....I need to get back up to date with this stuff.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I need to get back up to date with this stuff.....
    Yeah me too. I only used ImageX several times, even wrote some unfinished TechNotes for it (when it was still Ximage), and spend maybe a couple of hours in total with Longhorn/Vista beta. There are several interesting new features/topics, which will make it a fun exam to prepare for imo.
  • Options
    RD28327RD28327 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wish the Windows Vista client exam would count towards the MCSA. Looks like I'll have to do the usual trio of 270, 290 & 291. If I get around to it, I would like to do exam 70-621 and upgrade my MCDST, which I hope to complete SOON!
  • Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    RD28327 wrote:
    I wish the Windows Vista client exam would count towards the MCSA. Looks like I'll have to do the usual trio of 270, 290 & 291. If I get around to it, I would like to do exam 70-621 and upgrade my MCDST, which I hope to complete SOON!

according to the MS site 71-620 will count towards an elective for MCSA/MCSE.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Options
    tibul wrote:
    according to the MS site 71-620 will count towards an elective for MCSA/MCSE.

I don't see anything on the Microsoft MCSA information page about exam 71-620 or even Windows Vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx
  • Options
    log onto the MCP site, then click on "Get an Advance Look at What's in the Pipeline for Windows Vista, the 2007 Microsoft Office system, and Exchange Server 2007"

scroll down a bit under the windows vista heading and you will see this "Tip MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration (exam 70-620) can be used as an elective for your MCSA or MCSE."
    Studying 70-292.
  • Options
    OK, I stand corrected. But, since Windows Vista is a client operating system, then why is the exam an elective instead of a core client exam like 70-210 & 70-270?
  • Options
    RD28327 wrote:
    OK, I stand corrected. But, since Windows Vista is a client operating system, then why is the exam an elective instead of a core client exam like 70-210 & 70-270?

I did a little more looking into it, and if you watch the "Get an Advance Look at What's in the Pipeline for Windows Vista, the 2007 Microsoft Office system, and Exchange Server 2007" conference thing it actually says it can be used as a core client exam like 70-210 & 70-270, they didn't really make that clear on the main page about it icon_confused.gif
    Studying 70-292.