Options

Failed today with a 729..When should I try again?

hudsonckhudsonck Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I thought that I had studied enough for this test, but I guess not! I used the Mike Meyers' Passport as well as the tech notes from this site, MCMCSE, and CramSession. I also did a lot of practice exams.

Does anyone have any other study materials that I should try? Also how long should I wait before I retake the exam? I was thinking of taking it next Monday or Tuesday while it is still fresh on my mind, but I have some time to do more studying.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You weren't too far off, so if you know what you need to brush up on next week might be okay.

Maybe grab an Exam Cram? The Sybex and Syngress will take too long to go through.

If you can afford the CBT Nuggets get them, watch once to get the general info and a second time while taking notes. You'd have to push the retake back about 2 weeks though.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    yoyomamas2yoyomamas2 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I too failed my first time, and i did not realize how much i had missed until i read Syngress's version of Security +.

Until i read that book, i realized i wasn't really ready the first time.

Just my own personal opinion and suggestion of course.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    I started studying w/ the Mike Meyers book. It covered most of the concepts, but I didn't find it detailed enough. Sybex helped greatly. ExamCram practice questions helped.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    Took it today and passed with 775! Barely scraped by, but it is over!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

What did you do in-between to gain the 50 points?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    To get the higher score I did more practice tests and studied another book that we had used in class (Comptia Security+ by Thompson). I think during the course of study I also grabbed every online free PDF that I could find and read over them. Time well spent!
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif

And I thought only madonna could make comebacks like that icon_lol.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    loteckloteck Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    out of curiousity, what would you say are the top 2 most important "objectives" to really have down cold? i know many in the past have said that the crytpo section gets a lot of play on the tests. what did you find to be the most prevalent topics?