Microsoft Outlook 2003

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello.

I currently manage about 2500 computers and I'm running into some problems.

Every now and then some peoples outlook decides to "work offline" This causes a problem when I get an email every couple of hours.

Is there a problem in the settings or something the user is doing?

Thanks,
Jamie
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    We get that when the connection to the exchange servers time out after repeated attempts to connect.

We the
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I get the same thing, but only on 2003....I have 2000 in one office, and it's always connected, but the other office has 2003, and goes offline every few minutes, but only takes a second or two to reconnect.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    if you increase the server timeouts to something higher..it should do the trick.

Cheers~
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not sure that it's a problem or "feature".

Try going to TOOLS > EMAIL ACCOUNTS > View Or Change > (Highlight Microsoft Exchange Server) > CHANGE > uncheck "Use Cached Exchanged Mode".

They will probably stop getting the "notification" but will not experience any problems.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    We had this same problem a while back at work. sprkymrk's tip should do the trick.
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Doh just read my half a post icon_lol.gif

Both suggestions above should help but still find clients on our sites tend to stick at offline following a prolonged server / network outage / timeout is there anyway to 'force' outlook to reconnect without getting user to manually change to online?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sie wrote:
    Doh just read my half a post icon_lol.gif

Both suggestions above should help but still find clients on our sites tend to stick at offline following a prolonged server / network outage / timeout is there anyway to 'force' outlook to reconnect without getting user to manually change to online?

If you do the above tip (don't use cahced mode) that should cure it. If not, we'll have to check technet.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That makes sense now.

I have tried it on one machine for now; because apparently they have this problem more than once a day.

I appreciate your replies.
    Cheers,
    Jamie English
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S