Options

vlan database

ReardenRearden Member Posts: 222
Is it still reccomended by Cisco to configure vlans via the vlan database command? I ask because I get the following when I enter that on a Catalyst 3560G

Switch3560G-1#vlan database
% Warning: It is recommended to configure VLAN from config mode,
as VLAN database mode is being deprecated. Please consult user
documentation for configuring VTP/VLAN in config mode.
More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Alot of books and docs state using the database is the old way and will be discontinued in the future.I had a question on the cit exam and i needed to know the database method.Wildfire mentioned in another thread a particular switch which only allowed vlan creation using the vlan database.The best thing is to know both ways,it will take all of two minutes to learn and im sure now since writing this thread you know and wont forget.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    ReardenRearden Member Posts: 222
    Thank you. :)
    More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Ed, as mentioned above its the 16ESW module that goes into a router such as 2600XM/38XX/28XX, on 12.4 Only allows the database,

I asked Cisco, never got a response though, maybe they got the Geeks in the Cisco dungeoun forging out corrections for the next release.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.