Options

Exam Objectives

buddha1buddha1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all

I found out today that the 2006 A+ exams are being put on hold until June 2007.

With this does anyone know where I can get the 2003 exam objectives from?

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I haven't heard of any delay, and there's nothing on the Comptia site....either way, you can se the objectives for both, here.......just make up a name and email, then select A+.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    buddha1 wrote:
    Hi all

Where did you hear the exams are being bumped to June? Could you list a source of this please?

And Ricka182 is correct, signup on Comptia's site and you will have access to the objectives for all their exams (if you select them all).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    buddha1 wrote:
    Hi all

The new objectives are not on hold:
    http://certification.comptia.org/a/New_A_Calendar.aspx

The 2003 objectives are available for some countries through June 2007.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    buddha1buddha1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for those links, didn't see the old objectives on the site before.

In regards the exam delay, i have been told by Excom Education which where you sit the exam.

here's part of the email that was sent to me.

"There has been an extension until June 2007 for the CompTIA exams, even though this is not apparent on their website yet.
    I can assure you this is the case, we have had a verbal directive from CompTIA themselves"

so it on with 2003 until then
  • Options
    buddha1 wrote:
    thanks for those links, didn't see the old objectives on the site before.

In regards the exam delay, i have been told by Excom Education which where you sit the exam.

here's part of the email that was sent to me.

"There has been an extension until June 2007 for the CompTIA exams, even though this is not apparent on their website yet.
    I can assure you this is the case, we have had a verbal directive from CompTIA themselves"

so it on with 2003 until then

Right, but it doesn't state that the 2006 objectives are 'delayed'....it advising about the extension of the 2003 objectives. Which by your initial post you stated that 2006 objectives are postponed....means two completely different things.

However, it was nice to find out they are having a longer overlap. I wonder if they have chosen this with the lack of enthusiasm the 2006 exam structure is being met with??

So Thanks :)
    Plantwiz
    _____