Options

2003/2006 Objectives Overlap

PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
The new objectives are available in January
http://certification.comptia.org/a/New_A_Calendar.aspx

The 2003 objectives are available for some countries through June 2007.
CompTIA A+ Exam 2006 Update - Overlap Calendar
The 2003 version of CompTIA A+ will remain available for a certain period of time after the launch of the 2006 version of the offering. The below information represents the date in which the 2003 version of the exam will be retired from the marketplace. Please note the varying dates associated with countries, language versions and academic versions of the exams.

Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German and Spanish versions of exams covering 2003 objectives will remain available until translations of the exams covering 2006 objectives are available. Related exam codes are 220-301 and 220-302 for Chinese, Dutch, French, German and Spanish, and 220-303 and 220-304 for Arabic.

Greek translations of the exams covering 2003 objectives are expected to be available in Q306. These translated exam versions will remain available until translations of the exams covering 2006 objectives are released. Related exam codes are 220-301 and 220-302 for Greek.
Plantwiz
_____
"Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?

Comments

• Options
    ricktearicktea Inactive Imported Users Posts: 118
    does that mean a person could go to say The United Kingdom
    and take their exam till March of 2007 if they didn't pass by
    the December 2006 dealine in the U.S. ? Would they have up
    till March 2007 to keep trying till they passed in that country.
    Richard Krenzel
  • Options
    zenzenzenzen Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think it would be easier to just study an extra day and pass the 2006 objective test here hehe. the A+ isn't that hard I only studied 1 day for OS and got a 670. I basically just decided to go half-ass on the test and pass but just keep learning since I won't be applying for any job within at least a month.
  • Options
    TBLTZTBLTZ Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    so june 30 2007 correct?

Also what is english e2c?

Thanks
  • Options
    E2C = Education to Careers
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    jonathan_hebertjonathan_hebert Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome. I recall checking CompTIA back immediately after I passed Hardware, which would have been the first week.

Funny that the person at the test center told me that they were informed just this morning. I guess they only care about administering the test and not so much the details.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    rivecj44rivecj44 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am sorry guys for asking but I do need clarification. We (in the USA) have until June 2007 to take A+ 2003. I have passed the HW test but still studying for OS. I am planning on taking it this week but I do not feel 100 percent ready. If indeed we have until June that would give me and extra couple of weeks to study. So whe have until........? anyone icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    RaushanRaushan Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rivecj44 wrote:
    I am sorry guys for asking but I do need clarification. We (in the USA) have until June 2007 to take A+ 2003. I have passed the HW test but still studying for OS. I am planning on taking it this week but I do not feel 100 percent ready. If indeed we have until June that would give me and extra couple of weeks to study. So whe have until........? anyone icon_eek.gif

Please clarify this! I need to know as well and soon!
  • Options
    Contact your exam center, but yes that is the word from CompTIA as the link is posted.
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    TcatTcat Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have looked the announcement over very carefully and spoke with other folks. The new focus was created without sufficent member feedback and does not have popular weight. The delay was required to not completely shoot the feet.

This is the whole reason I started down the ETA-I path. Nobody just walks away from their income source wihout reason icon_exclaim.gif This gives me a very small hope that some of my past efforts still will have some value.

Wishing everyone here the best of holidays and may you find a little peace.
    Save A Frog! Join the ETA!
    http://snipurl.com/SaveAFrog
  • Options
    larciellarciel Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a question. I passed HW part of A+ but I didn't take OS part. I'm going to Korea for a visit this Sept. and was wondering if I could still take the OS part there and get my A+ cert.

and would I have to take it in English E2c or in Korean?

Thanks in adv!
  • Options
    TcatTcat Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My understanding is you have to re-start. The objectives changed quite a bit... Sorry.
    Save A Frog! Join the ETA!
    http://snipurl.com/SaveAFrog