Options

290 and 294

Trying to group my tests together.

Is there any thing that would be in 70-291/293 that i would need to pass

The main reason is that I study in blocks and i want to keep related tests together.

While studying 70-290 i am seeing a few active directory topics and i figured i could study them together

I want to really know this material

Just passing the test is not an option

Comments

• Options
    RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    guess noone cares to respond
  • Options
    OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    Firstly a little more respect please

I think you should compare the different exam subjects on the MS site. And see if there are topics covered in 293 that you need for 294
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Opi wrote:
    Firstly a little more respect please

Apparently he thinks this is some sort of 24 hour business with callers standing by for his every need.

Do as Opi says and keep on truckin. icon_evil.gif
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Uh, he did wait almost 2 days, so that's not being impatient. Sometimes a self reply is needed to get things rolling, or just to bump the topic up so it might be seen by those that might have missed it.

294 is all active directory stuff. But all the tests from 290-294 are interdependent and overlap in one way or another.
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    The main reason is that I study in blocks and i want to keep related tests together.

While studying 70-290 i am seeing a few active directory topics and i figured i could study them together

294 is AD so there's a lot of GPO questions, roles, schema, AD sites and services etc..

290 is managing and maintaining and there maybe a slight overlap with 294 but I would stick with the topics related to 290 and when ready for 294, go more in depth with AD.

Just my two pennies :D
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    Not trying to disrespect anyone.. just trying to get some info together

I was taught if you want to know something ask. Presently studying for 70-290 and it mentions briefly some aspects of AD . i just wanted to see if
    there was any info in 70-291 and 70-293 that I would need to know before 294.The way MSFT numbers their tests leads you to believe that they build off of each other. For example I am understanding server a little quicker than XP but their tests are 290 and 270. Outside of permissions they are not related IMHO.

Plus I have some added incentive I was one step away from a net admin job but he wanted AD knowledge and I missed out because I didnt know about group policy etc.

I understand that 291 is called the "BEAST" AND 293 is just a continuation
    but infrastructure is one of the few topics in the MCSE series that i dont think i will have a problem with.

Again i wasnt trying to disrespect anyone here

P.S to the two that responded to me sideways.. It's real easy to hide behind a keyboard and take potshots . I thought this was about sharing information but I guess it takes all kinds
  • Options
    StuVanWilderStuVanWilder Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I actually just took the 290 today and passed. None of the questions I got on the actual test really hit anything AD related except a universal group question, but in the 70-290 MCSE press book it touched on AD things frequently. I'm planning on taking the 294 next as well. Whatever you decide good luck.
  • Options
    I am using the ms press book and mastering server by mark minasi and both books took active directory.Thats the reason I thought i could group the tests together.Plus the guy I interviewed stated that active directory skill sets will take you were you want to go.
  • Options
    StuVanWilderStuVanWilder Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very True, AD skills are great. If you have AD, Exchange, Sharepoint and network basics you're set. Most of all though is AD, crucial for security and total lockdown of an environment in the business setting, which is the No. 1 priority today these days. Most of the MCSE's i've talked to have stated to take the 291 and 270 last, but thats really your call, everyone has a different opinion. Just try to drill through them.